cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current phone is dead

JPellerin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

My current phone battery has died and I want to replace the phone and keep my existing number.  I have been looking at an unlocked Packard Bell 'unlocked feature phone' which is a MPN of A320.  Is this phone compatible with the public mobile network?  If so, what else do I need to do other than put the sim card in the new phone?

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

@JPellerin 

Have a look at TMS phones that they sell outright. You can pay up to half of the price with points and depending on current pc optimum offers also earn points back along with the current tax savings offers. You may be able to get a better deal on a better known brand of phone. You can also check and see if SDM currently has any phones for sale in your area during their bonus redemption weekend on now.

@walker1 I missed the Packard Bell part .. oops and thanks

@JPellerin   this one?

Packard Bell Unlocked Feature Phone | Loblaws

According to what is said on Loblaws site, it should work.   It did say it works on these carrier: rogers, bell, fido, telus, sastel etc.

I can't find more about the actual spec on this phone so it is hard to confirm.  

Also, at least form this site, this is sold via Loblaw's marketplace, not sure how good the refund is.   If you need to buy it new online, check the refund policy first

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@softech wrote:

The model is A320?  what brand of phone is that?

if you meant Samsung A3 ( SM-A320), the would would would work but would not work well with on 4G

Samsung A3 has the 2 required 3G bands on PM.  For LTE, it only have 2 out of the required bands.  I believe it lacks the important bands used on LTE (b4 and B12) , so data on LTE might not work very well

Three would and one would not, so it most probably would//?  🤔

@softech 

The OP is talking about getting a Packard Bell feature phone, not a Samsung smartphone.  Sorry 😐

Try again.     lol

softech
Oracle
Oracle

The model is A320?  what brand of phone is that?

if you meant Samsung A3 ( SM-A320), the would would would work but would not work well with on 4G

Samsung A3 has the 2 required 3G bands on PM.  For LTE, it only have 2 out of the required bands.  I believe it lacks the important bands used on LTE (b4 and B12) , so data on LTE might not work very well

update: missed the line about it being a Packard Bell phone.. thanks @walker1 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@JPellerin wrote:

Hello,

My current phone battery has died and I want to replace the phone and keep my existing number.  I have been looking at an unlocked Packard Bell 'unlocked feature phone' which is a MPN of A320.  Is this phone compatible with the public mobile network?  If so, what else do I need to do other than put the sim card in the new phone?

Thank you

@JPellerin 

If you can put the sim card in the new phone to try, that's the best way to know since that brand is not even in PM list of supported phones.

Need Help? Let's chat.