cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card won’t work

Pey82ton2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

i set my mother in law up with PM last month. It would not accept her credit card so I put mine in and it worked fine. She is putting in the correct postal code and even confirmed with her bank. The bank even let her know they could see she was trying to pay PM and that it wasn’t going through. 

I found some threads of trying to clear cookies, use incognito mode. We’ve also tried with the app, webpage on phone as well as webpage on laptop. It will not work. Her mail goes to a community box but this box is not new and has been there for years (same postal code as her credit card). Her payment is set to go on my credit card again which is ok for now as she just transfers me the payment but she wants it on her card. 

over the years I have had 7 people switch to PM and no one has ever had this problem with adding a payment type. But at the same time everyone else who has switched to PM their mail goes directly to their house and not to a community mailbox. What else can we try to get this to work. She can not used her visa debit as the online payment feature is disabled. 

3 REPLIES 3

@Pey82ton2 

One option is to purchase payment vouchers in store (ie. shoppers, canadian tire)

You could try to contact customer service agent.  However, from my understanding, CSA are unable to change credit card information.

Click on the following link:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Pey82ton2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. 
yes she has a credit card which postal code is the same area code as we only have one area code for our area. She had randomly been trying to change to her credit card for almost a month. Public gives a message and says they won’t allow it to process try again later. Yet they allowed my credit card to be set up on her acct. 
We can’t try another card for her as she only had the one. I’ve tried all the tricks I’ve found in previous threads of same issue and nothing is working. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Pey82ton2 

Unfortunately, a few customers are still having issues with updating credit card information.

Here is some more information:

• Log out of your account and relog in before updating your card
  • If you attempted to update the same card multiple times please try again tomorrow or today with a different card as there is a daily limit on update attempts for security purposes. 
  • Make sure that your credit card postal code matches your phone number's area code
  • As always, please be sure that you are inputting the correct card details

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Resolved-Issues-Updating-Credit-Cards/t...

Does the postal code of credit card match the area code of the phone number?  

Does your mother have another credit card to try instead?

Need Help? Let's chat.