cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card not accepted when activating a sim card

phanhop
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A friend of my could not made a payment when activating a new sim card . Error: wrong credit card info while everything is right ! It happened to me too. I did have to redo (restart computer few times ) and finally it works ! I'm not sure why. My friend did restart her computer few times but her credit card is not accepted even changing credit card ! What did she do wrong ? Please help .

Thank you.

Hop Phan

3 REPLIES 3

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile has web page cache issue so you might be looking at obsolete status. Click on little spinner refresh icons lower down. Try using different browser. Try Incognito/private mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh. Use computer and not phone to log in.

Check charges on your CC. Payment might be processed even though system reports error. If you try multiple times with returned error you might be charged multiple times or you might trigger CC fraud lock when you would have to contact agent.

zulfiqar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Usually it happens if credit card is prepaid credit card or name and billing address, postal code is different from account holder.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@phanhop 

Try logging into the website using a browser in incognito or private mode instead, before trying to do your activation.    Try again if you're credit card wasn't charged yet, from the other activation tries.

Need Help? Let's chat.