cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card error on trying to activate a new SIM, both Mastercard(PC) and Visa didn't work

balaca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Tried activating for a friend I referred to PM network but they were repeatedly getting credit card error. They are based in Brampton but I chose Toronto at number-selection step, then there was an error at payment page. Changed to Brampton at number-selection even then the same payment error (credit-card billing postcode is based in Brampton).

Is there any known credit-card issue?

9 REPLIES 9

balaca

Ok today tried to update the linked credit-card in my own account using Chrome (I couldn't find the already linked credit-card anywhere, not sure it was active, and voucher balance was being used for many months).

And I got this, after number verification using OTP by PublicMobile. On a RBC Mastercard: 'Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later'

Edit: I had my new credit-card locked for security-purpose, hence the error in my account. My card is updated in my account now.

I have asked my friend to check the cards they used too.

balaca

No they couldn't, they kept aside the PM SIM and ordered a new SIM from different provider.

hi @balaca did you friend finally able to activate??

balaca

Unfortuantely it didn't work even then 😕  I'm bit hesitant to ask them to try again, after card failure on Saturday.

balaca

To be honest, it was very embarassing to refer someone to the network and the very first experience they went through was this (not to forget, payment is the fundamental thing one would expect to work to trust a network). They tried 2 of their cards when at my place, didn't work, went home after many hours and tried again, didn't work 😕

@pidiodemise there could be some issue with the site.  Since you have tried it multiple times, if you confirmed your cards that PM didn't charge you, maybe you can open ticket with PM support and have them to help activate for you 

Message them here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

pidiodemise
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the same issue trying to register sim. i have tried multiple times since yesterday with Visa debit, Visa CC and a Mastercard. I have also tried with browser in incognito mode

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@balaca   both credit card should work for activaton.

But before you retry again , check your credit cards to confirm if PM charged you yet

Also, put a PM sim into a phone and see if can connect to PM network  (maybe if is activated already)

if no charge and sim is really not activated, wait a FULL hour before you try again.  Also, use Incognito mode to try activate this time and see if it works

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@balaca 

Check you CC account and see if you have been charged for the activation. 
Don’t re-activate the SIM again or you will be charged multiple times.

If you weren’t charge then clear the cache and go incognito on your browser on a laptop or desktop computer.

Need Help? Let's chat.