cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card charged on 27th April but the line still got disconnected

Arsh99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My credit card statement shows that public mobile charged the monthly auto payment as usual but the line still got disconnected 

29 REPLIES 29

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Arsh99 

I'm sorry to see that you are yet another customer not properly informed of this unreasonable 30% price hike on the $10 plan. To add insult to injury many customers will suffer an autopay failure due to the autopay glitch when in this case their mobile provider has forced a change plan on next renewal to a higher priced plan but the system only charges an automatic top up of the old plan price causing an autopay failure. Even autopay is fighting back at charging an unreasonable and unjustified rate hike to the $10 plan.

So not only did public mobile fail to properly inform all customers with the $10 50/50 plan of the $30% increase on the $10 plan to $13 but the shortcomings of their own payment system of a known glitch will cause many customers to also suffer an autopay failure and have their services suspended.

Another thing that can be added to their CCTS complaint.....good job Public Mobile!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Please provide images of your overview page and payment history but don't include anything identifiable. The dates are confusing. If your previous new date was the 27th then you should only have paid $10 (minus any rewards). But if your current new date was the 28th (and the next renewal date is May 28) then you're actually on the new price. Images would help us see.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Gotcha, was hoping for some wishful thinking for that.

Arsh99

Done thanks very much this is actual solution I wanted to mark as solved but could not find the option to do so

@Arsh99   

Log back into My Account and confirm if you have $10 in Available Fund,

Then go to Payment Tab, one time payment

Use the option "Other (Enter the desired payment amount)" and enter $3 there and submit

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Make-a-Payment/https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Make-a-Payment/

Once payment gone through, click Reactivate current plan if the button is around

then logoff from My Account and reboot the phone

Arsh99

I am on auto pay and I was charged the regular amount as it always did on 27th April itself now what I need and the payment is also appearing on my account but the amount due is $3 dollars so how do I pay the remaining $3 in my account?

@dabr wrote:

It's just that PM has basically clawed back 3 years worth of loyalty rewards by this increase.

@Arsh99 but, you made couple posts here today and you have a great shot to get at least $1  Community reward this month.  

The best way to combat a price increase is to get more reward to offset the price hike.  Participate here more to earn $1, $2, $5 or more Community rewards.  Refer friends here to get monthly $1 reward per friend.

@Arsh99 wrote:

Ok, I was always charged 5.65 even for $10 as I think there was a credit for auto renewal and some other perk so how should I setup or reset up the account for auto payment for the new amount and what should be the new amount considering the fact that there are some credits being applied 

@Arsh99  - 

You are not supposed to do anything if you have a valid card registered for autopay to take payment each cycle.

Are you saying you are already registered for Autopay, but your plan DID NOT renew at the new rate?

Or, were you always adding funds before your renewal to cover the cost ahead of time?

If this was a failed Autopay I would let CSA know about ( by methods softech provided above), because even with a plan change it should not have failed...but well, who knows.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Arsh99   If you're on autopay, then there's nothing to do as your payment card will be debited the amount due on renewal.  The difference will be $3+tax.  All your other rewards will still get deducted as before.  It's just that PM has basically clawed back 3 years worth of loyalty rewards by this increase.

@Arsh99   No need to re-setup anything as long as Autopay is activate.  This is not your normal pre-authorized payment like elsewhere.  Here, PM just your approval to get money from your credit card every renewal.  Depending on the reward level, PM system will credit different amount from your card, you don't need to do anything

So, you pay an extra $3 and service is up now?

Arsh99

Ok, I was always charged 5.65 even for $10 as I think there was a credit for auto renewal and some other perk so how should I setup or reset up the account for auto payment for the new amount and what should be the new amount considering the fact that there are some credits being applied 

I can confirm that the $13 price appears as the amount due since yesterday (official price increase date), before that it was still showing as $10 due at next due date.  So all the $10 accounts have had that update as of yesterday.

@JL9   the $3 increase is real.  Everyone on $10 will get it.  Some said they just renewed and the page still showing next renewal date is May but amount due was $10.  That was likely because at that time it wasn't April 28 yet.  Pretty sure if they log back in now  and they will see $13

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Some ppl said they didn't have the extra 3 charged while others did, but they definitely notified ppl as there was a number of posts on the community as well as reddit etc about the price increase.

@Arsh99   private message @darlicious , she probably have some "tips" to share for this new $13 plan  🙂

@Arsh99   did they say they charged you $10 on April 27?  

Pay the $3 extra first and get the service going.

but if your renewal was supposed to be April 27 (not April 28) and PM did charge you $10 and didn't renewal, open a  message and get them to credit you back the $3 

Of course, if your renewal was supposed to be April 28 and you just manually load money  early on April 27, that didn't count.  PM was right to charge you $13 then

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Arsh99   Unfortunately, since April 28th, PM has increased the price of the $10 plan.

If the Reactivate option is no longer there, perhaps you now have service?  Have you tried your phone?

@Arsh99 wrote:

I see, I do not remember getting the notification for this change, when did the price increased ?

Starting April 28. So, you need $3 more

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Cell-Phone-Plan-Price-Increase/m-p/795393

@Arsh99 wrote:

I did that and still see the warning, however one thing that I have noticed is the account shows $10 as balance available and $3 as amount due, I never had to pay $3 separately in 4 years. It has always been on auto payment and I believe it has always charged the amount the amount that is accordance to plan 

@Arsh99  - Are you on the grandfathered $10 plan? The $10 plan went up to $13.

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount through SELF SERVE (or by calling 611 if you have a card registered)
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  3. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  4. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  5. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  6. Reboot your phone.

You should have received a communication about it. Did you ever opt out of Public Mobile communications? OR, maybe it was sent to your junk/spam folder and then was deleted after so long.

Some related articles:

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/telus/public-mobile-to-increase-price-of-legacy-10-plan-by-30...

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/psa-public-mobile-grandfathered-10-plan-increasing-13-apr-28-2528499...

Arsh99

I see, I do not remember getting the notification for this change, when did the price increased ?

@Arsh99   are you on the $10 plan?  Price increased to $13!!!  

started April 28

Cell Phone Plan Price Increase - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Arsh99

I did that and still see the warning, however one thing that I have noticed is the account shows $10 as balance available and $3 as amount due, I never had to pay $3 separately in 4 years. It has always been on auto payment and I believe it has always charged the amount the amount that is accordance to plan 

@Arsh99 wrote:

I did that and still see the warning that account is suspended although the option of reactivate account is not available anymore, what should be done next ?

@Arsh99   Try logoff My Account and reboot phone once more time

Arsh99

I did that and still see the warning that account is suspended although the option of reactivate account is not available anymore, what should be done next ?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Arsh99    Do you see the Reactivate option top right of the overview page in your account?  Try clicking that, more than once if necessary, to see if it will push your payment through.  Make sure to clear browser cache/cookies and use privacy/incognito mode before logging into your account.  Then reboot the phone.

Arsh99

Yes the account shows suspended and I also see that available balance is $10, the payment section shows that the amount was charged as per routine 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Arsh99 wrote:

My credit card statement shows that public mobile charged the monthly auto payment as usual but the line still got disconnected 

@Arsh99 you sure it wasn't just a pending payment on your Credit Card?

When you login to My Account, does it show Status Suspended now?

Check Transaction History (https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Payment-History/) Do you see any new entries since April 27?  If there are some, post the screenshots

If you don't see any lines there and $0 in Available Fund on My Account, open a ticket with PM Support to get them review the account  payment activity:

1. If you have access to My account: Click on the bubble on the lower right or https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Arsh99 

Can you log into self service and see if the payment is sitting in Available Funds?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Arsh99  what does your status show when you log into self serve: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ or call 611 from your device ... Active or Suspended?

If Active try:

*turn off your phone, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*perform a reset network settings on your device

What do you mean, as usual...does this happen often after a renewal? Are you registered for Autopay and this is failing or are you losing network services or having device issues?

Need Help? Let's chat.