cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score

dyland1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am abroad but want to keep my number. I have found paying every 3 months is probably the cheapest option but I am not sure if because it is a bill it affects my credit score to not pay. Any idea if paying once every three months affects credit score?

5 REPLIES 5

Meow
Mayor / Maire

What is 'credit score'?

They only thing affected will be your loyalty period which will be delayed after 2 months of suspension.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dyland1  It won’t hurt your credit score PM is pre paid . But another option when you’re away is to just turn off auto pay and you have 90 days to make payment again and keep plan and phone number . Best to make payment before 90 days so like the 85 day and you can rinse and repeat the process like this 

Turn  auto pay  OFF/ON  3 easy clicks

Handy1_0-1688479929235.png

dwh1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Since Public Mobile is a prepaid carrier, your credit score doesn't directly come into play. PM isn't providing you service with the expectation you will pay for it after the fact like postpaid carriers do. That would involve credit since effectively they would be loaning you something, and your ability to pay on time might affect your credit score.

Instead, since PM is prepaid, you only get service if you've already paid for it.  What could affect your credit score - maybe - is if your credit card usage is so low that PM transactions are a significant part of your usage and therefore paying PM via credit card might improve your score.  That's not going to be true for most people, though.

Mohawk44
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Only carriers that Dona credit check actually affect your credit score if not paid. Prepaid has no affect what so ever. They don’t ask for any information that is used in a credit check.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@dyland1 

Paying every 3 months will not affect credit score.  Actually, even missed transaction or inactive/suspended accounts will not affect your credit score.  Since Public mobile is prepaid and PM does not check identification, PM does not even check credit score when activating.  You could put any name or address as a PM customer.  

Need Help? Let's chat.