cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating account

stndrdy2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How come i cant create an account without putting in credit card information?? I don't have a credit card.. i have a top up card in my hand, and a new sim card in my phone .. Also there's no place to type in top up card pin # anywhere.. SO FRUSTRATED 

14 REPLIES 14

@hTideGnow wrote:

So I guess agent can create account and customer could pay with voucher.

HI@Meow   Sorry, what did you mean by that?  During the activation, customer create the account themselves and pay with credit card.  Agent will not help activation by creating the account first and customer to pay voucher later

As @computergeek541  said 'Did you already buy a Public Mobile payment voucher? Customer support agents can activate a new account for a customer but initially, the account would be in suspended status until the voucher is added to the account to pay for the plan.'

and if I understood correctly it looks like agent CAN create/activate new account and it will be in suspend mode but customer has to pay for it with voucher.

So I guess agent can create account and customer could pay with voucher.

HI@Meow   Sorry, what did you mean by that?  During the activation, customer create the account themselves and pay with credit card.  Agent will not help activation by creating the account first and customer to pay voucher later

@dust2dust wrote:

@Meow- That was more for getting the autopay reward. It's also good for removing a real credit card and paying otherwise. But it also won't help here because the person wants to activate so an empty gift card won't get them activated.

@dust2dust  you are quite correct! It WAS for autopay reward... Creating account does require card to be charged right away. So I guess agent can create account and customer could pay with voucher.

Some services do create restrictions to use: have to have CC, have to have mobile number, etc.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@stndrdy2  - yes, an unfortunate change when activating public mobile sim cards.

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here with the below link to help you activate your sim card and get payment made with your voucher:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Or, try this link to use the: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

@LegusY wrote:

Yeah it says credit card but a debit card will do. You can go with Tangerine or Simplii if you don't have one, these are free online banking.

Not all debit cards will work.  It needs to have either the Visa or Mastercard logo on it.

LegusY
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yeah it says credit card but a debit card will do. You can go with Tangerine or Simplii if you don't have one, these are free online banking.

@Meow- That was more for getting the autopay reward. It's also good for removing a real credit card and paying otherwise. But it also won't help here because the person wants to activate so an empty gift card won't get them activated.

@stndrdy2 wrote:

How come i cant create an account without putting in credit card information?? I don't have a credit card.. i have a top up card in my hand, and a new sim card in my phone .. Also there's no place to type in top up card pin # anywhere.. SO FRUSTRATED 

Did you already buy a Public Mobile payment voucher? Customer support agents can activate a new account for a customer but initially, the account would be in suspended status until the voucher is added to the account to pay for the plan.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If I remember correctly, a while ago some members did offer to provide CC number of prepaid cards with 0 balance. Hopefully they might be able to help you out. PM needs valid CC number only.

As @dust2dust  mentioned, this is not valid for current account issue. Opening PM account does require MONEY!

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@stndrdy2 

you can purchase credit card  vanilla prepaid, to creating new account

after you have accout Active use vouchers from purchase any stations or Shell,

Official list of retailers location sell:  vouchers

then add to your account by call *611

once connected press (1) then (1) again and enter the 12 digit PIN #,

or by Login Page  to add it vouchers,

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

A debit card would need to be a Visa Debit and some Mastercard Debit.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@stndrdy2 , do you have a debit card?

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stndrdy2 hi they no longer accept a voucher for activation sorry to say credit card or debit only

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes this was another stupid oversight on the part of the company. You can use those Visa or Mastercard gift cards though. Then when you're all set up you can use the voucher.

Adding - ... with their new system that they recently rolled out

Need Help? Let's chat.