cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a ticket vs messaging CS

ATHENS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is there an advantage to creating a ticket vs directly messaging CS agents? 

11 REPLIES 11

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @ATHENS 

you are a regular here.  You have been here from the old system.  You know we were told to ask people to submit ticket using Chatbot and use private message as a backup.  So, as a regular, do the right thing, and submit via chatbot!!

@ATHENS wrote:

That is not my question or issue. Thank you for input but a bit off topic. 

@ATHENS but my points is that you knew the answer and support was doing the job correctly.  Fast of slow response does not matter, what matter was they have the correct replies.  

@Sansan wrote:

If that's the case where private messages are being responded to almost instantly, then the below about being sent to the bottom of list of priority is contradictory.  

Or you are just lucky. Granted this is only one example.

My comments about private messgaes being sent to CS_Agent having a much lower priority isn't speculation.  This is something that has been confirmed by a previous Community manager, one who had direct knowledge in the programming of the software for tickets.  As I was saying, using the ticketing system has never been optional, although I will admit that there was a long period of time that the ticketing system didn't work properly.

ATHENS

Well maybe not instant but definitely within a few hours. 

ATHENS

That is not my question or issue. Thank you for input but a bit off topic. 

If that's the case where private messages are being responded to almost instantly, then the below about being sent to the bottom of list of priority is contradictory.  

Or you are just lucky. Granted this is only one example.

@ATHENS wrote:

I seem to almost be getting instant responses from CS when using direct message vs the cumbersome  chatbot option. I asked the question because even though I’m getting quick responses both my requests of being switched to a new members only plan and if I switch down plan could I keep data bonus have been denied. 

@ATHENS 

please note new activation plans are designed for new activation only.  Also, support was also doing the job correctly for  not giving another loyalty data after you downgraded your plan.    I understand some were able to bargain for it, but it is a case by case.   Also, you were fully aware that you will lose your data after you downgrade your plan.  

ATHENS

I seem to almost be getting instant responses from CS when using direct message vs the cumbersome  chatbot option. I asked the question because even though I’m getting quick responses both my requests of being switched to a new members only plan and if I switch down plan could I keep data bonus have been denied. 

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

They are pretty much the exact same thing. We've been suggested to, to use the following. Whether you use the chatbot or direct link, it all has the same end result.

It's not the same.  Customers who insist on sending a private message (which they shouldn't be) are automatically sorted to the very bottom of the list when it comes to ticket priority. In additional to that, it's an account security risk as all account verification is supposed to be done through the ticketing process.

@ATHENS wrote:

Is there an advantage to creating a ticket vs directly messaging CS agents? 

All tickets need be submitted by using the chatbot or using the app.  Using the ticketing system isn't optional.  As such, members sholudn't be saying that there is a choice or highlighting the private messaging method (it's not supposed to be used except for in extreme cases as a last resort).

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @ATHENS 

They are pretty much the exact same thing. We've been suggested to, to use the following. Whether you use the chatbot or direct link, it all has the same end result.

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent

Chalupa_Batman_0-1715089888744.png

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: I am not a Public Mobile employee. I am a customer just like you. Please do not send me a private message with your personal information. 

Need Help? Let's chat.