cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Covid-19 crisis and data usage

awoserra
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I'd just like to ask if anyone at public mobile has thought about temporarily increasing data limits for plans during the Covid-19 crisis?

As I live in a rural location, cellular internet is all I have to stay connected to the information people need right now. I'm finding that staying informed about health announcements and keeping in touch with everyone is having an unusually high cost in data.

Perhaps even a promotion on data add-on's would be a timely and helpful thing to do for people having a tough time in the short-term?

I believe it would mean a lot to people.

26 REPLIES 26

@mpcdesign 

No extra...:)

@darlicious 

Fair enough.

Felixbthe1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That's a sick plan @gblackma

awoserra

Yah again, I'm not on a Public Mobile site asking about Telus offers.

I'm now trying to find a mod to renew my plan now, and getting a 404 error from the bots "Submit a ticket" link.

AGAIN, why is this process so convoluted, time consuming and obfuscated? Why, when I choose to "CHANGE PLAN NOW", do I also require a mod, and lastly, why can't I submit a ticket to actually get it done?

@awoserra contact the moderators directly using this link  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

awoserra

Thanks, trying that.

Still, wouldn't a data add-on be a more reasonable way to add data?! This is ridiculous...

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@awoserra 

I agree that Public Mobile doesn't have any very good options if you want to add data.  It seems very expensive even at the half price to add only 1GB!

I think they should have some type of 30 day unlimited data add-on option to help with people in rural communities needing more during the pandemic!

awoserra

I guess it's what we get for electing governments who sell out critical infrastructure to profiteering private enterprise - the worst service and the highest rates in the developed world.

Need Help? Let's chat.