cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage

cpierce
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I am a customer from Ontario and go to Newfoundland to work for a school year, will my service work while I am there?

6 REPLIES 6

cpierce
  • To the Avalon Pen, Placentia area.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @cpierce   should be ok without any problem.  If you have Canada-wide calling, you can call anyone in Canada from anywhere.  Data is always Canada wide

for actual coverage, from the coverage map, it looks ok as long as you are in the costal cities.  I don't think many people in Newfoundland have particular complain.   Just make sure you aware St Pierre and Miquelon is not really part of Canada and there might not be PM coverage there  (Just learned this from a post this morning   🙂   )

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Works totally fine on the avalon. Same coverage as Bell/Telus 

cpierce

Avalon area

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@cpierce yes you are on Canada's largest Network it should work fine. where in Newfoundland are you going?

@cpierce wrote:

If I am a customer from Ontario and go to Newfoundland to work for a school year, will my service work while I am there?

Plans aren't tied to any one province. The service works wherever Public Mobile has coverage.  If your plan has only province-wide calling, calling back to Ontario (or any other province) from Newfoundland will require Canada-wide long distance minutes or you can switch to one of the current plans that include nationwide calling.  Text messaging and data services work the same no matter which province you are using the service in.

Need Help? Let's chat.