cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could anyone advise the steps to port my AB number?

wzhong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will move AB to ON this weekend. Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

wzhong

Super and thank you very much!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wzhong  there are some options to do this.    is there a reason you want to have two numbers?  I woudl probably just keep your alberta number and skip the ON number all together.  or I would sin up with Fongo and get a free VOIP  Ontario number and install their app on your phone.  then you will have two numbers on your phone.   

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@wzhong wrote:

Thanks, so I do need to switch AB phone number to ON phone number. Does that mean I need a new SIM card? Thanks again!

No new sim card just go into self service to change your number. You can change your number up to 4 times every 30 days.

wzhong

Thanks, so I do need to switch AB phone number to ON phone number. Does that mean I need a new SIM card? Thanks again!

You can only have one phone number per account and sim.

wzhong

Oh, I see. My current PM phone number will move from AB to ON. Is it possible to keep AB phone number and same time to get a ON phone number? Thanks!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wzhong  what exactly do you want to do?  Porting is going from one provider to another.  It's a completely different process than changing numbers which I believe you might want to be doing?

Edit: this is a good read and should answer most questions.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.