cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content indicator icons

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@David_J- Back before the last change of the community, there used to be indicators next to posts that indicated that the post has an image. Or a link. Or even had been blanked out.

I'm requesting the return of the image indicator.

I ask this because sometimes someone adds a post and there's no text. ?? Click into it and oh an image.

I suppose in the case of an actual blank post (which also happens) that to see the blank indicator could also be useful.

I don't know if the option gets applied to the conversation level or to the reply level. But both would be useful.

The link indicator doesn't really matter to me.

What we have now. Note the top contributors post.

dust2dust_0-1657303755558.png

What we had then. Note the top contributors post.

dust2dust_1-1657303791233.png

Or also:

dust2dust_2-1657303818738.png

Here's a current bit showing from Khoros themselves.

dust2dust_4-1657304915702.png

The html seems to be:

----

class="lia-img-message-has-image lia-fa-message lia-fa-has lia-fa-image lia-fa" title="Contains an image" alt="Message contains an image" aria-label="Contains an image" role="img" id="display_34"

----

All inside the span tag.

Like I said, it used to be there, now it's not, it would be great if you could please reinstate it.

Thank you for your consideration.

7 REPLIES 7

@David_J- Thanks. Haven't seen you around for a while. I hope everything has been alright in your life.

David_J
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@dust2dust  - let me take a look at it and see what is required. It may be on the Khoros side of things. 

Dave_J

The ebay community also powered by Khoros does a smaller thumbnail preview. I would say that's more clutter when you're just cruising through the topics. But as you say a picture says a 1000 words. To see that a customer has included an image is gold. Dive in and see what they have to help them better. It's just an indicator. Doesn't take up much real estate.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dust2dust   I still don't understand how this feature is useful.

It's not a like preview of the image, you still need to click on it to see an image

I do agree blank post might be useful so you don't have to spend time clicking on it , but still just one click to see the blank post.   But we don't have too many blank posts  anyway

@dust2dust   Lol...not gonna happen, alas!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

lol You won the internet on that.

But please David_J.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Or can't we just return to old community forum altogether?

Need Help? Let's chat.