cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact me to Cancel Account!

angrycustomer29
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have already left Canada. I can't receive a text on my old phone number to validate my login. I therefore cannot access my account. Which is required to remove my credit card, to remove auto pay, to open a ticket with customer support. I can't even use my old community id apparently.

So I am contacting my credit card company to inform them of this fraudulent theft when they open tomorrow, which I assume will be faster than posting this complaint here. But at least I will have something to show my credit card company when they ask if I contacted Public Mobile first.

Please surprise me, Public Mobile. If you do, I won't put my college kid still in Canada on a different plan and turn a single cancellation into two.

5 REPLIES 5

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

How is it fraudulent theft, @angrycustomer29  ?

You entered a credit card which enabled auto-pay.   That means you set forth an agreement for an arrangement with Public Mobile to continue to charge that card upon the expiry of each cycle.  This is done such that the forgetful folks out there who neglect to load funds before the expiry of a cycle need not worry about doing so and go without service until they can arrange payment to reinstate it.

So ... then you left Canada and no longer have the number. (i'd ask... where did it go - it's still attached to the PM SIM card, wherever that is ...)

In any case, fast-forward and YOU forgot to remove the card, or disable auto-pay.  

That's not fraudulent, that's short-sighted.

Try reaching a CS Agent this way:

Send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@angrycustomer29  If you haven’t got time for the online efforts . You can pause your credit card day before renewal and your plan won’t renew . Then unpause your credit card the following day . That way you still have 90 days to change your mind and make payment to keep your plan and number . Or just let it ride and the account will be fully closed after 90 days 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

So you're all mad at Public because you didn't plan to stop paying.

Get that voip app and then get your renewal date. The evening before that date eastern time pause your credit card. Then maybe noon the next day eastern time unpause the credit card. That will disallow the autopay and suspend your account. Then you can forget about it and let it go.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @angrycustomer29 

you cannot even login My Account? Best way is to submit ticket with CS Agent?  they will either help you to disable Pre-authorized payment or at least they will help you to get back My Account login.   Submit ticket here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@angrycustomer29 

sorry, PM support is all online, they won't contact you for this without you open proper ticket

do you know the 4 digits account pin?  If so, download VoIP app TextNow.  You can use that to call back Canada for freem. Call 1.855.4PUBLIC , enter 1 for English, them you phone number.  Follow the prompt to disable Autopay from there 

If you don't have the PIN, you will need to get back to My Account and go to Payment page, Manage Subscription to disable Autopay, now call Subscribed, there 

PM just changed to a new EverSafe login system and you need to complete the setup

If you have already created an EverSafe id, you can ask the code to send to email instead
On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Resend code and then choose Send email

If you have not created an EverSafe id yet,  you won't be able complete the part to link your My Account with the EverSafe ID, that needs a working phone with a working PM sim using SMS.  (Sending the code to email would not be a choice until  EverSafe id is fully setup) 

Try these workarounds, it could bypass the SMS in linking My Account with EverSafe ID

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If none of those workarounds helps,  please open ticket with support and have them to help in this situation:

Private message CS agent at 
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.