cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant logging in & out

chr15
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

New here so not sure if this is normal or not but I keep getting logged out of this Community site after leaving the page for about 5-10 mins which causes me to have to log back in again constantly. 

Is this normal or is there a certain way to have it set up?

8 REPLIES 8

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@chr15 

If you have trusted device checked off. I found that it depends on who’s wifi I am connected to. 
At home, no issues. I need to login again and with trusted device.

Note, I also have VPN enabled and it still works but I found McD free wifi always have to login.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

I have complained about this myself  in the past.

I get logged out after 3-5 minutes myself so I think it's a system issue. I have 2 different phones that I sign on with and have the same issues so it can't be my phones.

Never tried using a desktop yet so not sure about that part.

Oh well🙃

chr15

@Yummy 
ah maybe it's normal then since I have some type of "Memory saver" for my tabs in the browsers I mentioned above so I guess once they kick in, I'm "inactive" so it logs me out. 

That's a bit annoying though, like any forum it should just let me stay logged in before I choose to log out. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

It logs me out after an hour or so of inactivity. But it never logs me out during the session. Then again I never stay 1 hour or more in one session.
Yes, it is a little bit annoying and I miss old Community where you stay logged on until you log off. Way to much security and I would really LOVE to have an option to decide MYSELF how long my session would last.

chr15

@hTideGnow yup i do! I'm guessing it's maybe a cookie issue so I will reset them and test it out

HI @chr15 

do you have the Trusted device checkbox at the bottom when you login or getting the 2FA code?  check that box

chr15

hey @hTideGnow 

I've tested it with firefox & edge as well and it's the same issue and I'm not sure why. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @chr15 

I don't have that issue with Community.  Most the time, it is logged in

try another browser

Need Help? Let's chat.