cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant change in billing date

tmeminem
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So my billing date is supposed to be the 21st. It has been this date for the three years I've been with PM. However, I notice more and more that my card is charged a day earlier each month than the 21st. This month I was charged on the 16th. Soon enough it'll be the first, which isn't a big deal I am just curious why billing is all over the place. In the last year, I've had the funds come out on multiple different days but never on the 21st. 

Just curious why PM isn't consistent with when they take next month's billing cycle. 

5 REPLIES 5

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@tmeminem wrote:

Just curious why PM isn't consistent with when they take next month's billing cycle. 

Sometimes Public Mobile accidentally states "per month" around the website when they really mean "30 days". Generally pre-paid cellular service is billed in 30-day cycles, and post-paid plans are done "monthly". As others have mentioned, this results in the "day number" of the month changing slightly over the year after any months that don't have 30 days.

Personally, I set a reminder in my Outlook calendar to remind me the last day of my current plan, to either ensure I have topped up my balance to protect against any auto-pay failure, or as a chance to mess around with the phone and use up any base-plan data or calling minutes I have left before it resets the next day. Once I figure out the "real" last day, I set my Outlook calendar entry with a recurrence of every 30 days from then on. It's worked swell since then! Also, I believe the end date of the active plan in the self-serve portal is indicated 1 day later than reality, so I can trust my calendar entry more than public mobile's system!

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@tmeminem wrote:

So my billing date is supposed to be the 21st. It has been this date for the three years I've been with PM. However, I notice more and more that my card is charged a day earlier each month than the 21st. This month I was charged on the 16th. Soon enough it'll be the first, which isn't a big deal I am just curious why billing is all over the place. In the last year, I've had the funds come out on multiple different days but never on the 21st. 

There is no way that it was for 3 years on 16th, as PM (as previous posts said) is on 30 day cycle, and depending on month, that could shift down or up. You just might not have paid attention before to it.. 

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Public Mobile may have updated their billing system or processes, which could have affected the timing of your billing cycle. It's also possible that there was an error in processing your payment on the expected billing date, which caused the payment to be processed a day earlier or later.

If you are concerned about the changes in your billing date, you can contact Public Mobile's customer service to inquire about your billing cycle and to ensure that your account is up to date. They should be able to provide you with more information about any changes to your billing cycle or payment processing.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@tmeminem 

If you have been here three full years, with continuous non-suspended service and no immediate plan changes along the way, you would notice that your cycle renewal date has actually changed by 15 days from the date of activation.

This is because every calendar year the Public Mobile cycle of 30-day periods would move back the renewal date by 5 days, as 12 cycles is 360 days and a year constitutes 365 days.

So after about 6 years, your renewal date will 'fall back' to the day of the month you activated on.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tmeminem   you probably miss the fact that all PM's plans are on 30 days cycle.  They aways 30 days cycle from the beginning and nothing was changed

With the fact that plans are on 30 days cycle,  the cycle date will not stay the same (won't be fixed on 21st).  and it will shift.  It will shift one day ahead after a 31 days cycle, but on the other hand, you will gain 2 days after February..

So, if Feb 16th is your current cycle day, your previous one was Jan 17th , and here are the upcoming on:

Mar 18, 2023
Apr 17, 2023
May 17, 2023
Jun 16, 2023
Jul 16, 2023
Aug 15, 2023
Sep 14, 2023
Oct 14, 2023
Nov 13, 2023
Dec 13, 2023

Need Help? Let's chat.