cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity Issues.

fmckibbon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Despite my account information saying I have nearly 6g of data left, I cannot connect to the internet unless I'm on wifi.  As soon as I leave my house of office, I am offline.  Calls and texts are fine. Just no data.

Is the account information wrong (have i used all my data and just never been informed) or is there an issue with the service?

9 REPLIES 9

Sharonz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My is $15 plan inlcuding 250mb data. it was ok before but since May, i cannot connect to internet. I checked usage and only 11-12 mb used in june.

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I,personally, prefer more keeping data ON all the time but disabling it for all aps that I don't think are necessary to be online all the time. Keeping pretty much only 'chatting apps' as I use those for communications, email and google maps.. All others are turned off and turn them on only in rare cases that I need to use when not on WiFi. Using this kind of settings, even though system does use some data in the background ,I'm able to survive on only 250MB what I have per month.  Turning Data on/off is not practical for me cause I forget to do it when leaving home, but that doesn't mean it is not for somebody else. 

I would suggest keeping DATA off unless you Have to go on-line.

OS and many system and background apps just love to talk to Internet. Even if YOU do not go on-line your data will slowly get used.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Depending on how much you like to conserve your data, you may want to keep it off. The below link is the canned company data usage link.

Managing Your Data Usage 

fmckibbon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have no idea how, but somehow my device data got turned off.  I would have never considered that (I am not particularly tech savvy.)  Thanks for your suggestion.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fmckibbon : Make/model of phone?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@fmckibbon  you said your account information is saying 6g left. Are you seeing this information under the Overview TAB of your Self Serve account, showing here:

esjliv_0-1601935725902.png

If you see your Data Line listed, then YES, you should have access to use your data. If it is not listed, then you used it all up.

If it is showing, ensure your Data option is turned on in the settings of your device.

Perform a Reset of the device's Network Settings.

If still not working, check your APN settings: https://www.publicmobile.ca/fr/bc/get-help/articles?q=apn

IF still not working...insert your SIM into another compatible phone and see if data works.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@fmckibbon 

Did you look here (below) in your self serve? If data is displaying, you have data left. 

Can you screen shot it for us:

HALIMACS_0-1642966515052.png

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@fmckibbon 

Have you ever been able to use data before while on PM? How new is your account?

And have you looked into the configuration of your APN settings?

Need Help? Let's chat.