cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection not consistent. Cannot receive call sometimes

harry2ca
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am not able to receive calls sometimes. The incoming calls are forwarded to voice message. It seems the connection to network is not consistent. I started to notice this problem a couple of months ago. After I make a call, then the incoming call works fine. The phone needs a wake up. Does anyone have this issue? Is it the problem on the public mobile/Telus side or my phone? Please advise.  Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@harry2ca 

Go thru this troubleshooting list and test after each tip to see which one solves the issue.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Toggle airplane mode on/off.
  3. Remove sim card. Wait 10 min. Reinsert sim card.
  4. Make a $1 top up payment on your account
  5. Reset your network settings.*
  6. Log into your account. Go to the plans or usage page. Click on lost/stolen. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Log out.**
  7. Force your phone to use the 3G network.***

Use tips #1 thru #4. Skip #5 and #6 ***Unless #7 does not work for you as I suspsct the issue is the equipment upgrades all networks are currently performing. For pm customers this causes a slight delay in switching to the 3G network for calls making your service default to voicemail. If this solves the issue switch back to 4G LTE/3G/2G (autoconnect) evdry few days to see if the work in your area is completed.

* This will erase saved passwords.

** This causes a glitch with your rewards not applying upon renewal. CSA contact after renewal is required to have the rewards applied manually.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@harry2ca 

Do you have another phone you can try for a couple days? This problem could possibly be device-related.

Need Help? Let's chat.