cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected to what I assume is a CSA conversat

Breadroll
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently dialed *611 as it is the only way I can reliably check my data usage (I have a 2GB promotional bonus and a one time 2GB bonus from the holidays that doesn't show up on My Account) 

Instead of being connected with the usual IVR menu, I was connected with someone who I can only assume was a CSA agent, speaking in a language I couldn't understand. I was a bit shocked, so I hung up.

Why does this happen? I'm not very bothered by anything the man was saying, just confused as I only called to check my add-on usage. Please help.

16 REPLIES 16

@esjliv wrote:

@Breadroll - network related due to a 'stuck' phone setting? Routed elsewhere as @computergeek541 mentioned, but where? If it happens again, ask who you are speaking to; i'd be curious what they answer.

My guess would te to Koodo, but even then, I CSA wouldn't answer immediately.  I know custoemrs don't like IVR systems, but very few companies of Telus' size answer calls immediately upon call connection.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Breadroll - network related due to a 'stuck' phone setting? Routed elsewhere as @computergeek541 mentioned, but where? If it happens again, ask who you are speaking to; i'd be curious what they answer.

611 should really work though, it is the main link to your account using your device.

Perhaps perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings. This can sometimes help with finicky things.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

EDIT typo

Breadroll

I was with Koodo Prepaid for a number of years before switching. I signed up with PM because I liked the service that TELUS provides, and found that Lucky Mobile's CSA agents were too stingy for my liking. The reason I switched to PM from Koodo was that the SIM card I ordered from Amazon was improperly configured and I would lose service at random times. Your theory is possible. I'll try the 1-855 number the next time I need to access my account.

EDIT: I don't have 611 as a contact.

@Breadroll wrote:

Instead of being connected with the usual IVR menu, I was connected with someone who I can only assume was a CSA agent, speaking in a language I couldn't understand. I was a bit shocked, so I hung up.

Your call was somehow routed elsewhere. I can say that your call wasn't answered by a CSA.   As you know, Public Mobile CSAs don't answer calls from customers.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

I wonder if your 611 is somehow connected to a different voicemail system, for example Koodo or another provider that this phone had. I know is sounds unlikely, but who knows.

Do you have 611 entered as a contact on your device? IF so, are you able to delete 611 from your contacts, then readd it.

You can also access the system by calling # 1-855-478-2542 or # 1-855-4PUBLIC. I wonder if that would react more consistently.

Breadroll

Yes, I definitely got the "Hello. Thank you for calling IVR" message. It was weird for sure.

Breadroll

I definitely dialed 611, attached is a censored version of my call history 

Screenshot_20230108-152649__01.jpg

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Breadroll 

Maybe hit redial and see if it is 611 that you dialled. It could have been 811 for health advice.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

OK -- so that's intriguing @Breadroll 

Are you 100% certain you dialed 611?

@CS_Agent , can you folks confirm for us if there are any Customer Support Agents who may answer when a Public Mobile customer dials 611?

I think the worst I've had is dead air. Hello? Anybody home? Hang up. Try again and it's fine.

Did you get the 611 text notification when you connected to someone?

HI @Breadroll   you sure you didn't call 911?  LoL

it's funny to see PM has all kind of glitch everywhere

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

611 is fully automated system. It must be bad connection as no human answers that 611 call.

Breadroll

I just tried again and got access to the IVR menu. I'm not too worried but it was a weird experience for sure. I've actually had this same thing happen before. One time, there was a lady asking me how I was in French, and when I mentioned I didn't speak French well enough to have a conversation, she didn't answer me so I hung up.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

So you would rather use the 611 than logging in? Did you try again and get the real deal?

Interesting, if troubling, experience though. No, I've never had that.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Breadroll   weird,  *611 is just an automated system.  You should have asked who the person is

For the data usage, try to use Private/Incognit/secret mode to access My Account and you will get the correct data usage

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Breadroll 

Try again incognito mode/private mode or simply try refreshing the page on the yellow circle while signed in to public mobile

Handy1_0-1673194256941.jpeg

Refresh pagee.                                ^^^            

Need Help? Let's chat.