cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion about new 5G 20GB $34 plan

DugMcVey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was poking around in the app this morning, and was definitely logged into my account.  I tapped "Change Subscription" to see if there was anything new available, and yes there was:  a new 5G 20GB $34 plan.  I'm currently on a monthly $39 4G 20GB plan; I do very well with 20GB but am very keen to switch to 5G.  So, immediately switched to the new plan.  I have 3 screenshots, taken when I was logged into my account, showing:

1. Blurb for the new plan, which does NOT indicate that it is for new activations only (and if it WAS only for newbies, I would expect that the app wouldn't show it to me when I'm logged in)

2. Current $39 subscription with a banner at the top stating "Your subscription will change on Nov 28, 2023"

3. New $34 5G plan description, with a small banner at the top saying "upcoming subscription" and a line saying "New Subscription Starts on Nov 28, 2023."

And yet, after exiting the app and checking a bit later, there is nothing anywhere that mentions the upcoming subscription change.  Likewise, when I log into my account in a web  browser on my computer, there is nothing stating that I have an upcoming subscription change.  

I understand from reading other posts that there is some confusion about this - but it seems pretty clear to me that PM offered me the new plan, and that I accepted the offer.   And I have screenshots as proof. 

Just for the heck of it, I logged out of my account in the app, and took a look at subscription plans. Lo and behold, there is the new $34 5G 20 GB plan, with NO caveat saying it's for new activations.  Right below that is the $40 5G 30GB plan, which DOES have a caveat saying it's for new activations only. (I have screenshots of both of these.)  Seems pretty clear to me that the $34 5G 20GB plan is for everyone - but why is my acct info not noting the upcoming change?  How can I be certain that PM is going to honour this change?

6 REPLIES 6

JoeCanadian

JoeCanadian

Does the new 5G 20GB plan include voice mail?  My 4G 20GB plan explicitly lists call display and voice mail but the 5G plans do not.  

DugMcVey

All good now. Seems to have taken a couple of hours for the info to show up in my account. I'm now going to have hubby switch to that new plan.

DugMcVey

My account is now showing the scheduled change to the $34 5G 20GB plan -- but it definitely wasn't when I checked an hour or so ago. In the past, subscription changes appeared immediately....not sure why it took a bit of time this time. And reading other posts, there was definitely come confusion about whether or not that plan was available to existing users - hence my concern.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Anyone else reading this, if you've changed your subscription but don't see it reflected in your account, wait a couple of hours and check again

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I guarantee you @DugMcVey , that if you can schedule the plan change (i.e. if it's selectable on your plan options), that you'll get it.

One of my users had their renewal today from the $39 20GB 30-day plan to the now $34 20GB 30-day plan. 

The renewal and change occurred seamlessly, and none of their services changed in any way.  They just saved $5 + associated tax for making the change.

As far as 'seeing' the change, you should be able to see it in your Profile and Subscriptions tab as an upcoming plan change.

Definitely smart of you to take screen-shots of these items in the even things don't occur as expected.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@DugMcVey 

when you log in to your PM account, click on Subscriptions and Add-ons, then Change Subscription. You'll see the new plan selected for your next renewal sched'd for Nov 28. If you change your mind, you'll have opportunity to cancle plan change too.

added pic..

chang.png

Need Help? Let's chat.