cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing text provides no real information

Jodysb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recieved a text saying that I am being moved to a new points program. It says to log into my account to figure out what my next payment will be yet I can see no information about this in my account. I assume I'm paying more but no idea how much. 

5 REPLIES 5

@Jodysb wrote:

I guess I'm confused by the term best value as it simply seems as though I'll be paying a lot more each month. 

@Jodysb 

Marketing term for "best value".  You will be paying more unfortunately.  

maurice3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You will absolutely be paying a lot more each month.  This ploy is essentially a price increase by the back door.  The only one receiving "best value" in this reality is Telus.

Jodysb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I guess I'm confused by the term best value as it simply seems as though I'll be paying a lot more each month. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Jodysb 

Here is some additional information:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

You will lose the monthly legacy rewards such as autopay, loyalty and friend rewards.  You will get monthly points for friend referrals and 5% back on payment plan costs. Once a year on your anniversary date of sign up, you will get 10 loyalty points.  You will need to convert 15 points to $15 bill credit. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Jodysb 

the legacy rewards is going away, everyone will be moved to the new Public Points rewards system

For you , the main effect is in your May's payment, you will be paying it in full (no upfront discount)

instead of all the upfront discounts, you will receive Public Points.  You will still receive your friend referrals if you have any, 1 point per friend.  You will get 5% in points for the amount you plan.  You will get 10 bonus points on anniversary date

and once you collected 15 points, you can then redeem $15 bill credit to be used on the following renewal

Need Help? Let's chat.