cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about autopay and plan change at the same time

Brads19
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have autopay set up on my account and it says the next payment date is July 6th, but I also have a rate plan changed future dated (165$) which it says will swith on July 7th.

Will it do the autopay after the rate plan change? Or will it charge me 120$ on the 6th, and then have to top up more on the 7th?

I just don't want it to double charge me.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Brads19

You will not be double charged.  The difference between the dates is normal and nothing to worry about.  For every billing cycle the "payment due date" as seen on the self-serve overview page is the last paid day of your current cycle and will always be one day before the actual renewal.  The renewal date is the one listed on your rewards page.

Here's what happens at each renewal:
1. Expiration of completed period. Account will show "plan expired" on payment due date.
2. Conversion of all rewards to available funds at midnight; rewards reset. Payment is not collected yet at this point.  Account will now show "Your account has been suspended" in big red letters.
3. In the early hours of the morning, available funds will be used (if any), credit card will be charged (if necessary), and plan will be renewed or changed to new plan as requested.  Account status will then show as "active."

Throughout this process, your service should be uninterrupted.  You only need to contact a moderator for help if your service actually stops (can't make calls or use data).  I advise you to relax, wait, and check your account after 7AM on the morning of July 7th to verify that the new plan is showing in your account.

Note:  I see from your posting history that you'll be switching to the $55 4 GB/month promo plan.  Just a forewarning that your new plan details will include the description "Expired."  This is also nothing to worry about, as that refers to any promo plan that is no longer offered.  Once switched, you'll be able to renew that plan going forward.  See here for an example:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/What-does-this-Expired-tab-mean-on-my...

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Send a msg to mod dept they will look after for you
Send your email address
Phone number
SIM number
Explanation of issues

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Private-Messages-viewing-and-creating/...

Hopefully they will get back to you

Brads19
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Zero funds right now. But i dont want it to charge me the old plan price tomorrow and then the higher plan once it switches on friday.

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
It's a wrong plan issue
How much does AVAIALBE funds its showing under your self serve.?

Follow this link
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Solution-for-wrong-plan-added/m-p/16329...
Need Help? Let's chat.