cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community sign in

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is anyone else having/had problems signing into their community account today? 

So I manage to sign into My Account and do the required (unnecessary) password change to access the account to see what has changed with this latest update and then try to access the community account and instead I'm directed to create a community account.   Of course, I type in my regular community name and I'm told that username is already taken?!!   

After a few more attempts retrying and going around in circles (yes doing incognito etc) try to submit a ticket and what do you know...I'm unable to submit a ticket because I don't have (apparently) a community username/account to be able to do so.   After several more frustrating attempts, I create a new username so that I can actually submit a ticket to support to get access to my regular community account and, hopefully, retrieve my username! 

Of course, now I'm waiting for a response which I'm assuming is not going to be quick and as I'm sure with the updates there are probably many tickets ahead of mine.   To say I'm a little frustrated right now would be putting it mildly!!  So far not impressed with this updated rollout.

Also what's with this weird very long lag time between typing and seeing it onscreen...

47 REPLIES 47

@Anonymous wrote:

@5Gcauses1   To clarify "both accounts" meaning My Account and Community account now are email logins instead of username.  Except, of course, now this new username (here) also has the same email as my previous community and, of course, the phone account. 

Also that is exactly my experience this morning when trying to access the community account as you've outlined.  I'm hoping they're working on this, but if they are then I've not seen it posted yet!

Let's share user experience here.  I was told by the CSA to do a password reset which of course didn't really do anything.  I think my community account has been disconnected from the email address.  I don't have a login issue, I am using the correct sign on but I cannot claim back my account because the nickname is already in use.  The only reason I am able to continue to use this account is because I have a cookied session on one of the desktop browsers.  

@will13am just to understand your case

So, if you login again using a one with cookie allowed, it is ok (as I see you able to post using  your community name)

or you meant once you tried it use a cookie free browser, the link between My Account and Community name will be permanently broken, even using a cookie browser again won't fix it??

@J_PM wrote:

@Anonymous The EverSafe registration process requires you to use the email you attached to your existing Community Account. Nickname "Community Username" isn't required upon login.  Visit our FAQ to learn more about sign-in through EverSafe.

@J_PM , I am similarly affected here!  I am currently signed onto the my community account via stale cookie.  I have tried signing into this same community account via different browser that does not have a cookied session and I cannot get my community account back.  I login fine but I am asked to provide a nickname as well as if my community account has been dissociated with the email address on record.  Of course if I use my current nickname, I am told to try again because the nickname is already in use.  So it seems like some of us have lost our email linkage to the community community account.  By the way, there is no difference if I do a community sign on or link to community from within my online account.   😥

5Gcauses1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've tried to clarify, rather dramatically, as have you, hopefully they figure this out, only a matter of time before people cause uproar with it. An Oracle here commented on the support of Public Mobile over this exact issue linking to a post made by joshua1 (probably formerly joshua) and was thread locked.. He explained the very similar circumstances. Look, I'm just some guy with no time to lose today and wondering how in all my years online, never had this weird issue with a companies account system... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@5Gcauses1   To clarify "both accounts" meaning My Account and Community account now are email logins instead of username.  Except, of course, now this new username (here) also has the same email as my previous community and, of course, the phone account. 

Also that is exactly my experience this morning when trying to access the community account as you've outlined.  I'm hoping they're working on this, but if they are then I've not seen it posted yet!

5Gcauses1

BOTH accounts...? You made me lose, us lose, OUR OLD ACCOUNTS and complicated things... How am I supposed to login to my old account and forget password when I have proof in my email account that I signed up and made posts in the community with my old account.. WITH THE SAME EMAIL, as this one now.. which is a new community account.. REGISTERED WITH THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS, anyone following? 

Step 1 : make community account with email same as self serve account 2 years ago (example@public.com) 

Step 2 : Two years later, login to Eversafe to make a new password for your original email for self serve (the app/new system) and go try to check out the community (as you knew they were separate logins) but you have the same email for both. 

Step 3 : You, after signing into Eversafe and the app, try to check out the community and are now told that your username is taken. Your old community account is gone. 

Step 4 : This is needs to be addressed if anyone cares about it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@5Gcauses1    I understand your frustration and right now I'm messaging with a second agent as the first one is off duty (I assume) and his suggestion of using "forgot password" didn't help but I'm instead just getting the standard response of both accounts only needing email for login instead. 

5Gcauses1

Also having a super similar issue, and have read the posts here and can confirm for myself that I have signed up to the community using the same email address as the one in My Account or Self Serve. Low and behold, when I created my Eversafe login and tried to see what the community was up to, it told me to create a username, (so I thought, oh, ? my username ? ) and then was told that one was taken (assumably by me, I assured myself and realized there is an issue with they way this community portal has been setup or proceeded regarding old community accounts...) So plainly, I'll wait until I have to setup my own ticket, and retrieve my old account, or if that's not going to happen and no rewards were missed, I guess I would still want my old name and just move past this glitch/error/miscalculation. PUBLIC MOBILE IS GOOD BUT THEY MADE AN ERROR WITH COMMUNITY ACCOUNTS. Which I assume will be flooding in soon...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech   That is exactly the issue with trying to submit a ticket when I ran into this problem.  The system just sends you around in circl

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_PM   Thanks for the response but that's what I was doing, except after signing in with my email, the next option was to create a new username and it wouldn't accept my old one saying it was already in use even after logging out and retrying again a few more times.   Maybe I clicked something I wasn't supposed to but right now I'm unable to access my previous community account as the suggestion so far (to use forgot password) only signs me into this new account.

edit:  @J_PM   Can you also clarify some wording in My Account around new plans please.  First the plans only mention Canada wide texting (no international?) and the add-ons say they're only good for 30 days now?  I'm hoping this is an oversight and not the new norm and if it is the new norm, then will legacy plans' add-ons be grandfathered with non-expiring data that was gifted/purchased prior to this change?

@J_PM 

there is a problem with this on the article

If you are not able to complete either SMS OTP or email OTP, please reach out to a Customer Support Agent by clicking here.

Problem is no matter what to type, at some point , the Chatbot will ask the user to login My Account to submit ticket.  And of course the user is unable to complete the sms OTP or email OTP

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

Yes, the new Community website is linked to your Self Serve account.  You can either login to the PM website or download the new PM app. The emails must be the same to eliminate 🎣 phishers.

PM is taking steps to make the website and app more secure!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@Anonymous The EverSafe registration process requires you to use the email you attached to your existing Community Account. Nickname "Community Username" isn't required upon login.  Visit our FAQ to learn more about sign-in through EverSafe.

@Anonymous wrote:

@will13am  @softech   There was only the choice of logging in with the email as I logged into My Account first and then tried to access the Community account.  Email is the same for both accounts (inc. now for this new account) and has never been changed.  

At least I've received a quick response to my ticket and hopefully will be able to get back to my other account soon.

dabr 🙁

@Anonymous , I used the same password as before when setting up this new system!

I wonder what happened? I login to my Community Account now using my email address! 

At least you received a quick response back from a CSA. Please keep us updated.

Edit: I’m thinking I was half asleep when I did mine since it was very early this morning so now I can’t remember the steps I used that worked! There’s been to many issues for me since! Sorry 😞 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am  @softech   There was only the choice of logging in with the email as I logged into My Account first and then tried to access the Community account.  Email is the same for both accounts (inc. now for this new account) and has never been changed.  

At least I've received a quick response to my ticket and hopefully will be able to get back to my other account soon.

dabr 🙁

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Anonymous , are you using an email address to login to the community account or your community name.  It seems like they want email now.  This is supposed to be one login for everything.  Note also that there appears to be community access from within the online account.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Anonymous   where you using the SAME email address for both Community and My Account?  if so, the link up should be automatic after a Eversafe ID is created

If they are different, then I believe support's help is needed

yes, you have done the proper thing, open ticket with support.  Let us know how it turns out

Need Help? Let's chat.