cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community rewards How much engagement

Friendly_joe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How much engagement is needed to receive community rewards. I don't want my participation here to be a caculated move but rewards are definately an incentive to participate and it would be dissapointing to be part of the "free support team" and not receive the rewards because I am missing jsut a tiny bit of engagement.

Is there a clear metric that is known to anybody?

11 REPLIES 11

Friendly_joe

Than kyou for sharing the link. I had started trying to be active at the beginnign au August but for some reason there was a glitch preventing me from logging in here on my computer and being active on my mobile phone was not very interesting to me. I had not seen this type of post where the community is congradulated and encourages to persevere.

The glitch seems to be fixed now because I am on my laptop currently.

Friendly_joe

I can only guess that its a better selling point that telling you that you can grind to receive 1 point. 😉

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Don't do this for the money. It's simply not worth it. You would have to be here many hours responding and being the most helpful for the asking customer and their question to possibly get the maximum 15 points/$. Do this because you think you'd like to help your fellow customers with their problems (which are very repetitive). If you happen to get some benefit out of it for your renewal then that's just a bonus.
If you read a lot here you'll find an old joke something like it's more value for your time to return bottles than to spend the time here. Or get a minimum wage job for a few hours a month for the equivalent amount.

@Friendly_joe  Yes I’m not sure why they mention the $20 as it’s only reserved for oracles . But you have to be part of the community before you can become a oracle and only a select few get the great honour of acquiring oracle status and cool avatars 🙂

Friendly_joe

Yeah this is clearly the way PublicMobile decided to have paid staff. I don't think I'll ever get that type of dedication. But dropping by maybe once a day to help out I can see myself doing that.

Yes @Friendly_joe 

no absolute metric as this is top %, so, it also take into consideration how many questions asked, how many replied and all those

Friendly_joe

This is basically the information that I wanted to know. It does not seem like its an absolute metric but more of a relative metric where the more people post here the harder it becomes to get event the lower rewards.

This chart is also very interesting because this information wasn't readily available on the rewards page. It mostly looked like it was 20 points or nothing. I think that this graduated point system is much more inviting to a casual participation.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Friendly_joe  No one knows the exact recipe only PM does . But I can tell you this to earn points in community 

By participating , reading and helping others with questions . And learning and sharing and good things will happen 

ranked chart here 

Handy1_0-1693940287307.png

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Friendly_joe 

no particular effort count, we don't now, it's a PM's secret

Usually an hour every week would be good enough for 1 or 2 points, but if you want 5 or more expect sticking here daily from 9 to 5  🙂

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hard to say really how they calculate things. I just started doing this a few months back and I spend about an hour or two a day here while streaming baseball. LOL. Best suggestion is to start and keep track of how much time you spend here and in October when the rewards come out, you figure if it's worth it to you. If you want more rewards, more time is required.

Need Help? Let's chat.