cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community points

NannyMac3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I earn points in the community? I joined public mobile before the switch to the new points system and am trying to decide if I should switch or not?

11 REPLIES 11

NannyMac3

Thanks! Your advice is much appreciated. The general consensus says I'm better off not switching to the new points system. My next question was going to be about the bravo and you've answered that for me.

NannyMac3

Thanks! I'm so happy to be getting this info. I think I'm gonna stay with the old loyalty program.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

First, NEVER EVER EVER EVER switch to Public Points. 

How to earn community rewards

Want to learn more about how to be a top contributor?

Getting started is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas.  And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started –

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

Chalupa_Batman_0-1709502738802.png

Here are the levels

Chalupa_Batman_1-1709502738806.png

Just know that the $20 or 20 points are only earned by Oracles. 

NannyMac3

Thanks! These opinions are what I was looking for.

NannyMac3

Thanks! I appreciate your advice!

NannyMac3

Thanks! I'll be sure to try that!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@NannyMac3 

If you switch, it's non-reversible when you come to realize it saves you LESS money.

The biggest difference is the Loyalty aspect, which on the public points gets you $10/year max, but up to $60/year after 5 years loyalty ($12 after 1, $24 after 2, etc, etc)

As for community points, it's really a labor of love - only do it if you really want to help, have something to offer, and are quick on the draw for responses.

OlivierR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You should stay on the old system, you get 2$ off with auto pay and get 1$ off each year for a total to 5$ off per month after 5 year. So 7$ off per month with auto pay after 5 years. With the point system you get 5% in points each time you pay your plan so a 40$ would be 2 points and you get 10 points each year you stay 1 point = 1$ you can exchange them for 15$ off when you reach 15 point or for addons like 1gb of data etc So you get more discounts with the old system!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @NannyMac3 

so, you switched or not?  if not, then don't 

you earn more on the old system 🙂

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@NannyMac3  Do not switch to points from legacy $ rewards the former is much more lucrative. And no going back it’s a one way street . But to earn community rewards 

By participating , reading and helping others with questions . And learning and sharing and good things will happen 

ranked chart here 

Handy1_0-1709501953938.png

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @NannyMac3 

you just need to keep helping

stay on the community to learn the Public Mobile system, the way they do business

When someone asks a question and you know the answer, reply 

it is easy to get 1 or 2 points, but 5, 10 and 15 will be almost a full time job

Need Help? Let's chat.