cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community members ≠ Public Mobile representatives

esjliv
Mayor / Maire
  1. Do you know who you are communicating with when posting in the Community Forum?
  2. Do you know the Community Forum is PUBLIC for all members to see, as well as anyone that has access to the internet? No personal information should ever be posted on the Community Forum.
  3. Do you know how to contact Public Mobile Customer Support/Service staff privately, if required?

If you are reading this and you think that the Community Forum is where to post/message to contact Public Mobile Support/Service Employees directly for assistance, don’t worry you have not been the only one!

It may be helpful to have Public Mobile pages two obvious different shades of color, with banner headers something like – PRIVATE or PUBLIC view. Could that be useful, maybe? 

I have never seen CS_Agent being tagged sooo much as they have been since this latest upgrade in May 2023. Dare I say, some days seem over 50% of posts are either directing their questions to CSA by tagging CS_Agent or members don’t know they are communicating with non-Public Mobile staff. 

I will tag @J_PM and the ever popular @CS_Agent  to bring this to their attention (whether this is new to them or not) and ask if they recognize issues here?

Get Help articles used to clearly provide the 2 ways to contact Public Mobile Customer Support/Service (CSA) and submit a ticket privately through messaging, via:     1-Chatbot, and  2-instructions on how to Private Message CS_Agent.

Now this link https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent  describes 1 method, a link to Chatbot. And then, how to check to see if and when agents reply to your ticket. It doesn’t tell the reader how you can start a message directly to CS_Agent. Some members may find this instruction helpful, I for one think so.

Chatbot is great when it works and should be more in member's faces; for example, the chat BUBBLE, is it ever coming back? But when Chatbot fails, there needs to be alternative working method. Both methods should be clear on the Community, without us members having to post 'here is how you contact csa....' etc. 

1. What do members/customers know, and
  2. What do members/customers need with regards to information provided on how to get help with all things Public Mobile?
20 REPLIES 20

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @J_PM - members are still tagging '@CS_Agent' quite a bit in the Community Forum. Could it be because CHATBOT says below:

esjliv_0-1697118622468.png

When private messaging someone, it does not work with the "@" symbol in front:

esjliv_1-1697118704095.png

You need to just enter the member's name. For CSA, enter 'CS_Agent':

esjliv_2-1697118755393.png

Is it possible to remove that "@" symbol in the CHATBOT yellow box above and perhaps reword things more clearly regarding how to Private Message members and/or support?

Something like....

"If you have any trouble with this link, please reach out to our agents by sending a private message to 'CS_Agent' from your Private Messages while signed into your Community account here.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM wrote:

We have a help article that explains how interacting with a CSA works, and where Private Messaging is located. However since this link is directly related to a support ticket, where the customer will need to eventually access their inbox I can see your point. I will chat with our support lead on this one!

Thanks @J_PM . The link/Get Help article (also in my original post of this thread) you are referring to is this one?  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

In this Help Article, it doesn't mention anything about who to private message 'CS_Agent' either, like it used to in the previous Article (before the May updates).

esjliv_0-1691624109517.png

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

We have a help article that explains how interacting with a CSA works, and where Private Messaging is located. However since this link is directly related to a support ticket, where the customer will need to eventually access their inbox I can see your point. I will chat with our support lead on this one!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM - I've asked before, and I would like to ask again, why doesn't Public Mobile let customers know this information Front and Center?  Rather than dozens and dozens of daily posts just telling customers the link to private message CS_Agent?

Us members are giving support by only telling customers how to reach support. Is that really mobile support? 😆

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-t-get-through-to-Customer-Service-to-...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM and @CS_Agent , in addition to removing the '@' symbol in the above screenshot, I see another link that could benefit with a revision.

1-I successfully created ticket this morning - GREAT!  🙂 .  Then it showed below within Chatbot.

esjliv_0-1688994179619.png

2-I then clicked the hyperlink Community↗ above and it took me to Community main page:

esjliv_1-1688994278640.png

3-would it help members more if the link was to take them to their Private Inbox Message area here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ? This way, they know they have a Private Message/Inbox area? 

The 'via Private Message in the Community' in the Chatbot message, may be deceiving for some members; as Community is PUBLIC, but Private Messages/Inbox are PRIVATE. Yes, I know the Message/Inbox are WITHIN the Community login credentials, but still...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

c@J_PM and @CS_Agent    Just had a member trying to private message CS_Agent, but they said the couldn't private message anyone because no matches were found. I believe this is because they were entering '@' symbol first in the SEND TO box.

Since Private Messages do not require @ before members names in the SEND TO box, any chance the '@' symbol can be removed before 'CS_Agent' from the statement below within Chatbot?   Thanks.

esjliv_0-1688580371092.png

esjliv_0-1688580120792.png

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Sorry to hear that @LitlLdy . Glad this one particular thing was addressed. I can see there are other details of this update that PM could correct/tweak. Some I have also submitted tickets about, and not all addressed either.

Members are still tagging CS_Agent. I still see Chatbot saying if trouble with submitting a ticket and it references 'CS_Agent in our Community' (which is PUBLIC), instead of something like 'CS_Agent in your Inbox / private messages area' (which is PRIVATE).

@esjliv wrote:

@hTideGnow , I have not seen the Help Article that tells members to tag CS_Agent yet. But I have seen this...

1. -  trying to submit a ticket through "Start a Chat" at the bottom of the community page, and get to this point:

esjliv_0-1688136918895.png

2. -  THEN, when you click on that BLUE 'here' hyperlink above it takes you to the below page. This area is NOT PRIVATE, members probably then click the "Ask a Question" button, then tag "CS_Agent".

esjliv_1-1688136955575.png

3 - @J_PM  and @CS_Agent , I believe the hyperlink should take you to the members messages/inbox here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

shouldn' it?

@esjliv , I have been saying this all along in the community & I included it every time I have sent a private message to CS_Agents along with on one of J_Pms posts! It has never been addressed!

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI@J_PM   is submitting ticket via Chatbot working again?  There was lots of 404 error when people tried to submit ticket  using Chatbot

@hTideGnow try it yourself to see if it works. I've reported to CSA in a message before that it wasn't working (and I tried a bunch of tricks to make it work), but the agent responded saying it was working for them, and shown me screenshots. So not sure why it wasn't working for me at that point. I was able to submit a ticket since then though.

BUT, I just tried again in both Chrome and Microsoft Edge, and got the 404 error. 

HI@J_PM   is submitting ticket via Chatbot working again?  There was lots of 404 error when people tried to submit ticket  using Chatbot

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM wrote:

@esjliv We are updating shortly! 

You got this fixed @J_PM . That was very swift of you (and any team members) to get this corrected. That is Awesome, thank you!

Now the here. hyperlink (from when the Chatbot fails to submit tickets) goes to member's private INBOX / Messages. And hopefully members will get they need to click on that orange/peach color box with the pencil in it to start a private message to CS_Agent.

Okay regulars, my guess is we will see less tagging of CS_Agents (unless it was intentional, and not told to do so). 😃

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv   I've also been wondering why so many users have been starting their posts with @CS_Agent recently and yeah it's a real problem (and always has been) if customers are thinking they're contacting support privately here instead of posting in an open forum.  

Also agree the now missing link to send a private message option when we know chatbot is down or generally not able to submit a ticket is another problem with this new rollout.

Good to see J_PM has responded to your thread and hopefully things are being tweaked to mitigate some of these concerns.

Good find @esjliv 

and thanks @J_PM for quick response 

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@esjliv We are updating shortly! 

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Thank you for the flag @esjliv I'll take this one away. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow , I have not seen the Help Article that tells members to tag CS_Agent yet. But I have seen this...

1. -  trying to submit a ticket through "Start a Chat" at the bottom of the community page, and get to this point:

esjliv_0-1688136918895.png

2. -  THEN, when you click on that BLUE 'here' hyperlink above it takes you to the below page. This area is NOT PRIVATE, members probably then click the "Ask a Question" button, then tag "CS_Agent".

esjliv_1-1688136955575.png

3 - @J_PM  and @CS_Agent , I believe the hyperlink should take you to the members messages/inbox here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

shouldn' it?

@BKNS27 wrote:

@esjliv 

I have no clue why new members think by tagging a CS_Agent would help speed up their request but in actual fact it slows things down. 🤦‍♂️

Oh well, they will find out that a CS_Agent rarely come on this Community forum and that they will get faster service for their issue by private messaging a CS_Agent.

@BKNS27 my thinking is, that members think they are communicating with CS_Agents when they tag them like that.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv 

I have no clue why new members think by tagging a CS_Agent would help speed up their request but in actual fact it slows things down. 🤦‍♂️

Oh well, they will find out that a CS_Agent rarely come on this Community forum and that they will get faster service for their issue by private messaging a CS_Agent.

@hTideGnow i've noticed in GET HELP area there was at least one hyperlink that brought you to CS_Agent's main profile page. YES, people can select SEND A MESSAGE, but not clear on on who, how, when, what, etc...

Edit...And @hTideGnow I'd like to see where in the Get Help article it says to tag cs_agent in posts.  Did they show you where?

Why would they want that to occur? 

Should we just leave those posts alone and let ca_agent respond? Are agents actually looking at all these posts? If so, are they doing anything about it? If they are then what is the use of us answering?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv wrote:

I have never seen CS_Agent being tagged sooo much as they have been since this latest upgrade in May 2023. Dare I say, some days seem over 50% of posts are either directing their questions to CSA by tagging CS_Agent or members don’t know they are communicating with non-Public Mobile staff. 

HI @esjliv 

I asked about why so many tagging of CS_Agent, i was told there is a Help article asking them to post it that way. 

Need Help? Let's chat.