Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Technical Issues

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Hey Community, 

From time to time Lithium, our community platform, updates the system and causes some issues that changes how we interact with this community. Issues such as users are not receiving community notifications OR users are not being redirected to the first unread post. These examples might change the way we browse this community.

Use this topic to discuss and report any Community related issues. Out staff member, @David_J, will use this to track all reported issues. Let's help him to make this community even better. 

Thank you. 

502 REPLIES 502

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@David_J Currently, we do not an option to mass delete Private Messages. This option has been disappeared since the launch of the new community layout back in 2017. We asked for this before, but have not heard back. I have got ton of PMs to delete from Inbox and Sent folders. Deleting one by one seems to be a pain. Can you please play around and implement this Mass Delete option? There is a check box in front of each Message, but there is no Delete action button. This option has to be given by Lithium since we can easily mass delete our profile pictures. So i am sure the Delete option is there to enable.

Thanks

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lieux wrote:

@David_J wrote:

@SD08 @NDesai @Satton420 @computergeek541 @Lieux 

Lithium replied to me that they fixed the bug and restarted our instance of the Community so the timestamp issue should now be fixed. 

Thanks for highlighting the issue.

David_J

I just have made a message test here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Conversation/R%C3%A9solution-d-un-probl%C3%A8me/m-p/4... if someone wants to write an answer as hello...and I will see if the "bug" is now ok

Edit it’s not fixed for me on my phone..I still can’t click on the kudoe because of the button ACEPTER COMME SOLUTION.

4221681F-F1E6-41BE-A8D2-93E1C5162AB5.png

@Lieux 

The particular issue that David J. is referring to concerns the community message timestamps, which affects only messages posted between 12am-3am ET, as I reported here.  As of 12am this morning, the bug was still occurring.

@David_J wrote:

Lithium replied to me that they fixed the bug and restarted our instance of the Community so the timestamp issue should now be fixed. 

David_J

I just have made a message test here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Conversation/R%C3%A9solution-d-un-probl%C3%A8me/m-p/4... if someone wants to write an answer as hello...and I will see if the "bug" is now ok

Edit it’s not fixed for me on my phone..I still can’t click on the kudoe because of the button ACEPTER COMME SOLUTION.

4221681F-F1E6-41BE-A8D2-93E1C5162AB5.png

SD08

@David_J wrote:

David_J

@David_J  Thanks for following up and for the update.

David_J

@Satton420 wrote:

I don't receive notifications on first replys. Wouldn't be fair to those wanting same benefits.

Please explain the issue a bit more in details so we can investigate if this is something related to community accounts or lithium.

Satton420
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don't receive notifications on first replys. Wouldn't be fair to those wanting same benefits.

@Lieux wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@David_J wrote:

@computergeek541 can you send me the version of Chrome and Android you are using please? We're trying to replicate the experience you are having.

Thanks

David_J

It's the June 19th update. 75.0.3370.101 on Android 8.0.

It doesn't always happen and I not sure what causes it, but I only have it happen on the French site and only when viewing the mobile site.

Is it only on your phone or on your computer too? It's the case for me with my phone..too little screen...???

Just on phone, and on mobile version of community site.  Thanks for telling us that you have the same issue.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@David_J wrote:

@computergeek541 can you send me the version of Chrome and Android you are using please? We're trying to replicate the experience you are having.

Thanks

David_J

It doesn't always happen and I not sure what causes it, but I only have it happen on the French site and only when viewing the mobile site.

Is it only on your phone or on your computer too? It's the case for me with my phone..too little screen...???

@David_J wrote:

Thanks

David_J

Thanks

David_J

@David_J, I've been noticing over the last few days that it is impossible to give a bravo to anyone but the OP of a thread on the French version of the Community site when using the most recent Chrome version on Android and with the mobile site loaded.  The solution button covers the bravo button.  To get around this, the desktop site needs to be used.  I don't have this issue on the English site.

srlawren

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @David_J!  Is there any updates on the "Start Artricle" button being visible to all?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@SD08 @NDesai @Elleey13 @Anonymous @computergeek541 

Hi everyone - just got an update moments ago from Lithium regarding the timestamp issue - good news is they were able to reproduce and identify the issue and escalate to the engineering team. Bad news is they don't have an ETA for the fix I am sorry to report. I'll keep working with them and keep you updated if new information/updates occur. Thanks again for pointing out the issue.

Here's the content from Lithium;

Thank you for your patience while I have been investigating this behaviour. I was able to reproduce this on an internal instance. At this time this behaviour appears to be a bug in the application. I have summarized my findings for our engineers to further investigate and potentially fix. While I do not yet have an ETA for a potential fix, I will continue to update you as I have more information.

Elleey13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Switch to iPhone. Ahhaha! Kidding. 😜

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

As has happened in the past, the Community site notifications are currenlty not working.  I noticed this on Saturday night.

For my not long time here...I've seen it on occassion. But not for this long. Maybe they don't want people to get the badge notifications coming up shortly-ish. 🙂

As has happened in the past, the Community site notifications are currenlty not working.  I noticed this on Saturday night.

Thanks @SD08. The clock is something Lithium controls so I have opened a ticket with them to investigate a solution.

DJ

SD08

@David_J 

The datestamp error seems to be occurring daily now, as it happened again early this morning. It appears to affect all messages posted between 12:00 am to 3:00 am, as you can see in my following snapshots from latest posts, where the previous day's date is continued for posts until 3:00 am.  It's as if the timestamp is based on eastern time while the datestamp is based on pacific time, lagging 3 hours behind.

PMC_PostDatestampGlitch_30Apr2019_1.jpg

(Some posts omitted for brevity)

PMC_PostDatestampGlitch_30Apr2019_2.jpg

SD08

@David_J 

The glitch with incorrect datestamps has occurred again. See this snapshot of the latest topics taken around 1:50 a.m. April 29, 2019. The topics posted before midnight have the correct datestamp of April 28, but those after midnight are still dated April 28:

PMC_PostDatestampGlitch_29Apr2019.jpg

The previous occurrence of this a few days ago also involved posts shortly after midnight, so perhaps this glitch has something to do with the PM community server's internal clock being slow to turn over to the next day. (The actual timestamps seem correct, but the datestamps aren't.)  Again, the messages still show up in the order posted.

My message here has a date of April 28, even though it was posted April 29.

@Poogzley wrote:

@CS_Agent @David_J  This should become a pinned post.

It's already a pinned/stickied post. 

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CS_Agent @David_J  This should become a pinned post.

@SD08 wrote:

Interesting.  At least the messages still seem to show up in the order they were posted, not by timestamp, at least in this thread, for example:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/What-s-the-best-plan-for-me/m-p/360076

PMC_PostTimestampGlitch_25Apr2019.jpg

EDIT:  The glitch appears to have been short-lived, as my message here posted with the correct date and timestamp.

Popping and Lyn236 must have had a time machine.  Current message now have the correct date, but from what I see, any messages posted a couple of hours ago still show the wrong one.

SD08

@computergeek541 wrote:

@David_J 

Currently, all timestamps on messages are exactly 24 hours behind.  I just noticed this now.  It's April 26th 1:37am (eastern time) but, I'm sure it's going to say April 25th when I post this.

just checked:  it shows the wrong date

Interesting.  At least the messages still seem to show up in the order they were posted, not by timestamp, at least in this thread, for example:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/What-s-the-best-plan-for-me/m-p/360076

PMC_PostTimestampGlitch_25Apr2019.jpg

EDIT:  The glitch appears to have been short-lived, as my message here posted with the correct date and timestamp.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@David_J 

Currently, all timestamps on messages are exactly 24 hours behind.  I just noticed this now.  It's April 26th 1:37am (eastern time) but, I'm sure it's going to say April 25th when I post this.

Well regular users can't see those detailed timestamps so maybe this could be discussed in the Oracle area.

I just see "9m ago".

To my knowledge, all users have the ability to change this setting.  It's just not the default.  Go into Community's My Setttings. Preferences, and Display.

Indeed. Absolute date. Thanks. Sorry for the call out.

I'm seeing local date/time.

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@David_J 

Well regular users can't see those detailed timestamps so maybe this could be discussed in the Oracle area.

I just see "9m ago".

To my knowledge, all users have the ability to change this setting.  It's just not the default.  Go into Community's My Setttings. Preferences, and Display.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@David_J 

I just see "9m ago".

@David_J 

Thanks @NDesai . @Alan_K  had mentioned to me as well. Lithium did a code update last week and I think that's where this appeared from rather than something we did on our end (eg. changing a profile). Let me contact them and report back to you. Thanks for the heads up on this.

David_J

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@David_J Regular community members are seeing "Start Article" button at the bottom of every page. Seeme like an error or may be an update from Lithium. Can you please remove it? 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Start-Article/m-p/355860/highlight/false#...

Need Help? Let's chat.