cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Points

PointsAreCrap
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I haven't spent much time on the community site or posted much since I first signed up in 2016, but unfortunately the new points system has pulled me back. I know the points are based on a top 50%, top 25%, etc. system, but I also remember I used to get $1 or $2 off without posting a ton. My question is, is this based on the subscriber base as a whole, people who are signed up to the community site, or just active users? 

7 REPLIES 7

HI @billybob519 

no you don't need to participate in Community rewards, you only do it if you want more

with the new points, instead of $2 autopay , you earn 5% of your plan price.  And instead of loyalty discount, you earn only 10 points once every year on the anniversary.    But if you have any friend referral rewards, it is same, but it will be points instead of $. 

Of course, the loyalty discount is a big loss.  So, you can try to make it up a bit by participating in the Community  🙂

billybob519
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am very confused.
So after this month, I am going to lose all of my loyalty discounts?
And I have to work as customer support to have a chance at discount?

Howe you do you view your points?

@PointsAreCrap many have tried to game the system and have been caught and published up to banned from the community with no ability to earn any rewards

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Meow
Mayor / Maire

PM has secret formula (thus preventing customers to abuse the system) how they calculate Community rewards.
Most influential is number of Solutions and Bravos. As for how many post one makes that is questionable.
You can do a test: keep posting something (useful) but not really worth Bravo and see if after a month of 30-40 such post you get anything as reward.

PointsAreCrap
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ahh, if it's based on monthly users then there's no way to game the system without screwing someone else. Ahh well. I was just trying to see how I could make up some of the $7 extra I have to pay every month with the "new and improved" points.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@PointsAreCrap  It’s.based on your participation so 

By participating , reading and helping others with questions . And learning and sharing and good things will happen 

ranked chart here 

Handy1_0-1709923053595.png

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@PointsAreCrap 

honest, no one knows, it is a PM foumula

but I know it based on all participants of the month, and yes, some don't have a My Account setup and still get badges, of course PM cannot give them the rewards 

Need Help? Let's chat.