cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collect call from Bell PayPhone

ohboy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to accept a collect call from a family member. Is this possible on my account? Can I put funds into the account for this purpose?

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

@ohboy The Community is made up of customers like you.  You  posted yiur questions on the Community and ut will be replied by Commubity members.  Many of the regulars here have been with PM for many years and understand the system well. 

If you want an official response from PM staff, you will have to open a ticket with them and they will reply to your Community inbox directly 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @BKNS27 was your post responding to OP's question, or am I missing something?

@ohboy No Collect calls with Public Mobile; can you provide the caller another number that has a postpaid plan or landline where collect calls are accepted.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ohboy 

Unfortunately, not an option under PM for collect calls but it could be a setting for if you have an iPhone phone where calls can go through from friends and family in your contact list whiles people not in your contact will not ring and will go straight to VM. You can delete the calls in your VM.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

The community is PM customers such as yourself but many have been with PM for years and have a ton of experience in all scenarios.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The no part is fact. There's no extraneous billing of anything here. It's all prepaid.

The rest was a suggestion as a workaround idea. I suspected where the call was coming from because who does collect calls these days but I was giving some benefit of doubt.

No I don't work here. The username cs_agent works here and any usernames with a dark PM logo next to them work here.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@ohboy 

no option for prepaid service, to do that.

or  Download the TextNow App for both can used 

it's give you a number for U.S or canadian and use it by Wi-Fi to make call & SMS for free.

or other app whatsapp, a lot apps you can used by Wi-Fi.

ohboy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is this your opinion or do you work for Public Mobile? I can't tell who is giving me advice.

That's not possible because it's a call from a federal institution.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

No. Whoever is calling you could use a calling card like from 7-Eleven and call you via them using a toll free number.

Need Help? Let's chat.