cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification regarding the 500 minute holiday giveaway

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello, 

I'm looking back at my unused add-ons and noticed some free long distance minutes that most of us received during the past holiday seasons. I did notice that in one instance, the holiday giveaway includes calls to Canada and US whereas the other giveaway does not indicate Canada and US. 

Was this just a change in the way Public Mobile labels their 500 free minutes or did they intentionally omit Canada and US calls from the more recent giveaways?

Andy85_0-1696530423440.png

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

@Andy85 wrote:

Thank you. Would you happen to know if the reference to Canada also includes local calls?

@Andy85 

people with $15 plan with limited outgoing minutes can use those minutes to make calls to other Canadian numbers for free, local or not 

@dust2dust wrote:

From Beaver Creek YK to St. Johns NL, from Point Pelee ON to Alert NT - is all a local call.

Untrue. those are NOT local call.  We need to be very precise about the definition of local calls

those calls are happened to be included in PM's Canada-Wide calling and free but still does not make it local

For people with Provincial calling, those are neither free nor local

For people with traditional calling plan, those are neither free nor local

From Beaver Creek YK to St. Johns NL, from Point Pelee ON to Resolute NU- is all a local call.

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thank you. Would you happen to know if the reference to Canada also includes local calls?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Andy85 

$0 Free Holiday Giveaway 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US is from 2020 Dec

500 mins 500 one-time Int'l LD bonus is from either Dec 2021 or 2022

these are the countries covered:

International Long Distance calling add-on covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela.

kk99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same thing. I got the same wording when I switched my plan.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Andy85 

no difference.  Pretty much the same, just a different wordings

Need Help? Let's chat.