cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing Or Transferring A Phone Number During Activation

Klr649
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The Public Mobile Help Article titled "Choosing Or Transferring A Phone Number During Activation" states "You can also select the option to customize the last 4 digits of your number. Note that you can change your phone number up to 4 times every 30 days after you’ve activated". 

Does anyone where the option to change the last four digits is? Thx!

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Klr649 wrote:

Once again, thx all for your help but I have a new question. How do I delete a post? 😂😁 JK

@Klr649 

so sorry you can't deleted only by public mobile, my apologies...

Klr649

Once again, thx all for your help but I have a new question. How do I delete a post? 😂😁 JK

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Klr649 

Best of luck with your search. New phone numbers are added every morning....maybe spend 15 minutes every morning while having coffee to look for numbers in your search area. Given that you said your wife stopped using her pm service 6 months ago and it takes 90 days for the pm account to cancel and deactivate and a maximum 90 days for a phone number to be held in the number pool before its released its likely that either the phone number has been recently released or is about to be released for choosing by the public.

@Klr649 

This website has several tools that will allow you to find the exact location that your wifes old number came from so you can narrow down the search to a very specific area. It also identifies the provider that owns that particular phone number so if its not a pm/koodo/telus number you wont waste your time fruitlessly searching for a number not available to pm/koodo/telus customers.

https://www.npanxxsource.com/area-code-lookup.html

Klr649

Also everyone, sorry for all the confusion. I initially wrote a longer post describing my wife's issue but then edited to make it shorter and less confusing. By the time I was done there were so many responses! lol. Thx again everyone, such a great forum!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : ??? Huh? No, you changed your reply.

Klr649

@darlicious thank you so much... and thx to all who replied!

@Rehan15 wrote:

Go to your nearby Public Mobile booth or in person store location and ask them for assistance. good luck 🙂

A store's salesperson can activate a customer's account, but they don't have any additional options for choosing a new phone number. 

@Klr649 

Unfortunately the last 4 digit customization option is no longer available. Do you have a pm account? Was your wife's phone number originally from pm or telus/koodo? This is an absolute must if its possible to retrieve the phone number. If its a yes and you have an account with pm you can start searching in your change number function for the phone number. If located then immediate sim card activation should occur so the number can then be claimed during activation or immediately afterwards by performing a number change. Let me dig up a website that will help you with your quest.

Anonymous
Not applicable

update @Klr649 

you can Changing Your Number online

You can change your phone number up to 4 times every 30 days after you’ve activated. To change or transfer your number after activation, go to your Self Serve Account here link, and:

• Select the “Plans and Add ons” tab
  • Click on “Change Phone Number”
  • Then, you can choose to select a new phone number or to transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider.

You will need to provide the same information as requested during the activation process above.Your previous service provider may also send an SMS text to validate the transfer, so ensure your old SIM card is still in your device so you can receive and respond to this message. Please do not replace your old SIM card with your Public SIM until the number has been successfully transferred.

Rehan15
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Go to your nearby Public Mobile booth or in person store location and ask them for assistance. good luck 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Klr649 : Gone. You can refresh the screen or city back and forth to get a different selection though.

Edit: checked what online? Did you try calling the number?

Need Help? Let's chat.