cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking account

Monik
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I pay via my checking account instead of a crédit card?

8 REPLIES 8

sorry @dabr , I tagged the wrong name earlier  🙂

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Monik  Most banks you can get a visa debit card. It's basically your checking account with a visa number for online purchases. Look into that. 

@hTideGnow    I said Debit Visa or Debit MC which debit funds from checking accounts (usually) at least mine do.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

No, credit cards only. You can try paying with vouchers you buy with your debit card linked to chequing account.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Monik 

Sorry, not from checking account. 

PM only accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. 

Or you can buy Voucher from retails and load using *611 or via My Account.   Try to buy voucher from Shell/Loblaw/7-11 as they vouchers can be used immediately.  (Some places' voucher has a 24 hours wait time)

You can also pay via retail instant top-up at at most Canadian Tire Gas, Esso, Gateway Newstands, and MacEwen locations..  You only need to  tell the cashier how much you want topped up and provide them with your phone number

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Monik   If you have a Debit Visa or Debit MC then yes just add that as your payment card in your self serve account and enable autopay to receive the $2/30 days discount and some bonus data.

0PX9O4

@Monik 

Here's a list of places that will sell you payment vouchers:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/store-locator

and

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/payment-voucher

0PX9O4

@Monik 

No, only credit and some debit cards are accepted for online payment. Sorry about that.

But you could buy a PM payment voucher locally using cash, if you prefer.

Need Help? Let's chat.