cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging my phone

oldtimer31
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

my phone will not charge anymore. Can someone help or give me answers or advice?

Of course, cannot get anybody on the phone at public mobile.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

If you're going to do a factory reset, take note that EVERYTHING will be deleted from the date that the phone was purchased new. As a result, back up everything that is important to you, such as phone contacts, photos, documents, etc.

@oldtimer31,

You have posted in the french community that your mobile is charged.

Your phone is no more under warranty.

About the problem you posted in the french side, I would suggest you to do a factory reset.

If the same problem occur, purchase a new phone.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Did you check the USB charging port for rust?

oldtimer31

Thank you, I did try that many times.

oldtimer31

FYI, I've had my phone for about 2 years and I waited 45 minutes on the phone this morning before giving up!

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi,

Before buying a new charger, check the USB charging port to see if any rust is present. This is a common problem in high-humidity environments, including the bathroom if you take a shower or bath with your cell nearby.

If rust is present, there is no point in buying a new charger as the problem will repeat itself. You will need to, instead, go to a cellular shop with staff experienced in rust removal.

The presence of rust is not covered by warranty.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

With regard to not getting anyone on the phone, that option is available only to those customers who joined Public Mobile before January 27, 2015. All other customers must communicate with the company only by web mail.

FYI.

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@oldtimer31,

Your charger is probably defective.

Did you try to unplug it and plug it ?

Need Help? Let's chat.