cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged twice

jstyles
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I noticed my visa was charged twice. One time on May 6 and then the 2nd on May 7. I did change my plan during the week.

Can someone help me understand why the is happened?

thank you in advance 

8 REPLIES 8

HI@jstyles 

did you make a plan change?

and I think the current system, the day before renewal, you will see the rewards, so it was correct on May 6

On May 7, the 2 entries were both on Payment history? 

If that is the case, please submit a ticket with CS agent  and ask for investigation and possible refund

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@jstyles 

automatic top-up $25.00 should show in your Available Funds area in your My Account (or call 611), does it? If so, then it will be used on your next renewal.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Auto pay and loyalty reward are credits not charges. 

jstyles
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I understand but shouldn’t have I been charged the second charge for the new plan, looks like I was charged twice for the same plan that I was previously on. 

I don’t see pending on credit card either 

here’s the breakdown onto credit card 

May 6 

reward autopay $2.00

reward loyalty $3.00

may 7 

credit or visa $25.00

automatic top-up $25.00 

thank you 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jstyles 

You will be charged twice if you changed your plan and have it “Change Now”. PM will charge you for the old plan if it is not the renewal date plus the charge for the new plan.

Always better to change plan on “Next Renewal Date”.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jstyles -  This should have been long enough not to be a "pending' credit card charge.

if you CHANGED your plan during the week and choose "Change Now", than you should have been charged twice. There is no prorating when choosing this method.

Only changing plans on "next renewal" prevents 'double charge'.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @jstyles you sure it is not a pending charge only?  Many pending charges need as many as a week to drop from the account.  Please ask your credit card 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jstyles 

Please login to My Account using Incognito mode again.  Check  Payment history https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/payment-history  to see if PM charged you twice.   (but please remember PM breaks a renewal in 2 lines on payment history)

Also, one of them could be just a pending charge, please check with the credit card to confirm first

Need Help? Let's chat.