cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged twice

Julie41
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was charged twice this month. How do I get my money back?

16 REPLIES 16

@Julie41 

Best thing to do if it is showing on your CC statement is two options:

Contact a CS_Agent by private messaging and ask for a refund or have them check whether the extra charge can remain in your account as credit towards the next month’s bill.

Private message them at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

They will get back to you by pm and their hours are 9:00am to 10:00pm EST. BTW, it doesn’t hurt to ask for compensation for your trouble.😉

Dial 611 and you'll hear the opening recording. It will be one of three. Hopefully it will say your next renewal date and your balance.

Julie41

It's in my bank statement.  I was absolutely charged twice. I'm just learning that people are getting false messages about accounts being on hold because autopay wasn't going through.  

Julie41

How are people supposed to know? I was so scared when I got that message.  It's pretty scammy.

Julie41

Ok, I don't see anything like that so I guess it's not

@Julie41 

You probably wasn’t charged twice. Common mistake by members reading their statement.

Your statement will first indicate the current plan you are on with the price of the plan (non-charge).

Then the is a price of the Top-up (your month charge).

@Julie41  If it’s in you available funds you would see it once you log into your account I’m available funds like this 

Handy1_0-1692199335091.png

Julie41

I don't see a balance anywhere.  

@Julie41  If your get a message saying account is in hole on your renewal day and services still work you can ignore this error message going forward 

Oh. So do you see the extra payment in your balance? If so then just leave it. That message appears to be going to many customers in error.

@Julie41 wrote:

They had sent a message saying my autopay wasn't goimg through. So I managed to make a payment through *611 but I guess it went through twice?

HI @Julie41 

then it could be easier.  Check My Account using Incognit/Private/Secret mode, if you see the money in Available Fund, it is good , leave it there and will be used for next renewal. Easier than ask for PM for refund, it could take as many as two weeks anyway.

Julie41

They had sent a message saying my autopay wasn't goimg through. So I managed to make a payment through *611 but I guess it went through twice?

@Julie41 

that is unusual for PM to do that. Use the link provided by @hTideGnow to message the CSa and see if they can explain why double charged. Ask for credit to your account and free data for your troubles !!

Julie41

I see it on my statement.  The bank said to contact Public Mobile.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Julie41 

please check with your credit card to see if maybe one charge was just a pending charge

If PM really charged twice, please submit a ticket with CS agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Julie41 

call the credit card issuer to see if you were actually charged twice.

Need Help? Let's chat.