cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for services after porting number

Tayip9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported my number to another provider. I had auto pay enabled before hand but given that I have left the service, why am I getting charged still?

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Tayip9 

Good 'ole autopay charging a ghost account plan. This happens uncommonly. Maybe buy a 6/49 ticket for tonight. Supply a copy of the transaction charge from your card statement to make it a little easier for the CSA to find the charge. Hopefully they can just reverse the charge and it will appear on your card's current transactions within 3 to 5 business days.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Tayip9

Ported out Jan 9. Got charged on Jan 24.

Tayip9

Thanks for all the replies so far. I msged the CS agent. Hope to get this resolved.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Tayip9   if the charge was AFTER you ported out the service, then please message PM Support and arrange for refund

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**After you opened a ticket, CS Agent will contact you via Community inbox

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Tayip9 

If Public Mobile does not reverse the charge, request a chargeback from the credit card provider.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Tayip9 

When did you port out?  When were you charged?

Normally if you port out, your account is closed automatically and you should not be charged. 

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tayip9 

That is odd indeed, and if you send a private message to CS_Agent with your old account details they should be able to fix it for you.

Include your full name, phone and account numbers, email address, and the 4-digit PIN (if you have it), to speed up the process.

Need Help? Let's chat.