cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for phone plan that wasn’t activated.

Kvylxk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Went to renew my plan as my phone was disconnected, I got the new 40$ 4G one and then received no receipt, and a notification that my bank account was charged. My phone was not reconnected and I had to buy a cheaper plan at 15$ so I could use my phone.

Im looking to get a credit or refund for the 40$ plan that never worked or was not activated? It’s charged on my card though, so the payment went through. 

thanks. 

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Bhuvaneswari 

Log into your account using secret/incognito mode to see your current plan. It should show your new plan. Double check your payment history to see if it matches your current plan. If you need to update/change your 4 digit account pin # you can do so on your profile page in your self serve account.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Kvylxk 

When you went to originally reactivate your account and pay for a new plan what process or route did you take? Did you add funds and then try to change plans? Or the other way around? The new self serve accounts has changed some of the ways we can reactivate, pay, change plans etc....and as a result it's easy to make a mistake or not even notice the mistake or notice what may be a glitch on public mobile's side. I have done it a few times now since July on tasks I've done successfully many times before so you are not alone in this regard.

First clear your browser cache and reboot your device. Open your browser (chrome or Microsoft Edge work best) and log in using secret/incognito mode. Check your account balance to see if your missing plan amount is in your available funds. Check your plan and add ons page to see which plan you currently have? Finally check your payment history on your payment page to see exactly what transactions occurred when you reactivated.

If you are owed a credit or missing funds or if you changed plans or charged twice for the same plan or 2 different plans contact customer support for a credit. If you would have preferred to be on the $40/15gb plan rather than the $15 plan or vice versa you can explain to the CSA your confusion when reactivating and your original intention and ask to be placed on the plan you want. It is likely the CSA will be willing to right the wrong since the new self serve accounts are less user friendly than intended.

You can submit a ticket via SIMon but if you feel more comfortable explaining the issue in detail you can send a private message instead. If so I suggest you read the spoiler in the linked post below on how to send a private message efficiently to speed up the response and interaction time with the CSA. Good Luck!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/td-p...

@Bhuvaneswari wrote:

I need my pin for my no will you help 

Chat with Simon for your pin,  if Simon can’t help, he would let you open a ticket.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

Bhuvaneswari

I need my pin for my no will you help 

Bhuvaneswari

My previous plan was 15 cad my bonus 2 cad will be deleted so every month I pay only 12.99 cad .I am trying from the day it charged but till now I am unable get a solution .

Bhuvaneswari

Same issue for me kindly help me to get back my previous plan and refund my new plan which was charged but not activated 40.68 cad 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Kvylxk....

using incognito mode, log in to your account.  Check if there's extra $$ in your Available Funds. If so, that can be used for your next coupla $15 plan renewals rather than requesting a refund.

added...

or used to upgrade at next renewal to the the plan you want.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Kvylxk wrote:

Went to renew my plan as my phone was disconnected, I got the new 40$ 4G one and then received no receipt, and a notification that my bank account was charged. My phone was not reconnected and I had to buy a cheaper plan at 15$ so I could use my phone.

Im looking to get a credit or refund for the 40$ plan that never worked or was not activated? It’s charged on my card though, so the payment went through. 

thanks. 

It looks like you paid $40 for plan from dial 611 on phone to reactivate your phone, then you paid $15 for another plan immediately. Since PM is pre-paid service that means paid first then get service, so PM may won't get you refund or credit. Some posts said if you can get refund or credit PM will put that refund or credit in your available funds, so you can use it at next renew.

But you can chat with Simon for this matter, if Simon can’t help, he would let you open a ticket.
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@Kvylxk 

You'll have to use the Chatbot Simon to get a service ticket started first.

You'll find the link for the Chat Bot Simon at the bottom of this page.

Then you can ask a Customer Support Agent for a credit.

Need Help? Let's chat.