cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged after cancellation

Taye
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello! I left Canada a month ago and cancelled my phone service. I was just charged. Can I get that charge reversed? My card was hacked and I just got a new one. I think Google may have updated my payment information with you by accident when I activated my new card. 

5 REPLIES 5

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

HOW did you 'cancel' your subscription with PM?
There is no actual cancellation process here. You just have to stop paying.

If  you did not disable autopay or if you did not transfer your number to other provider you are still PM customer.

You have to remove autopay and after 90 days your account will be deleted.
Contact agent to remove your credit card from your account so your payment will fail on next renewal.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Taye wrote:

Hello! I left Canada a month ago and cancelled my phone service

@Taye Just curious how did you cancel your phone service? The only way is to cancel your subscription in the app/website and once renewal happens and it fails, your account would be suspended. After a further 90 days your account would be permanently closed.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

How did you cancel?
I would track the dates involved. When did you "cancel". When did the card get hacked? Did the bank do anything about those charges? When did you get a new card? Adding - When did the new payment happen? - And yeah no way Google would change the card in the account here. Does Google have a credit card in the first place?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Taye  I doubt Google can update the payment info for you on PM account.  You need to login PM My Account and do it yourself manually, no other way

but submit a ticket with CS agent and ask them to check.  If you already cancelled the plan (maybe from porting or you disable Autopay earlier), then PM agent can refund you.  But if you have done nothing to cancel it, then you will need to ask agent to remove your card from your My Account

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.