cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plans will I lose 2 gb bonus data on account that is unused?

mynewhome
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm changing plans in next billing cycle, will I lose 2 gb bonus data on account that is unused?

Holididay give away 1 gb and another 1 gb bonus.

39 REPLIES 39

@Fluenta  Wow weird I was mentioning you in another thread but I could only remember @mynewhome username and here you pop up! Excellent timing!

As shown above in the screen shot the 1gb monthly bonus data did not reset in your account once your renewal happened and the scheduled upgrade occurred?

Do you recall when scheduling the plan change if it warned you that you may lose your promo?

Can you show me a screenshot of your plans and add ons section as it appears today? (Be sure to hide any personal info.)

I just want to confirm your details but you will want to contact the moderators to confirm your activation date and then restore the 1gb plan data bonus to your account and ensure that fhey make sure it is set to reset every renewal. If you also still had the holiday data add on and you used some or all of it because you did not have the bonus data you could ask for it to be restored.

Fluenta
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks! That’s the plan. I activated on 6 Dec. it was there before I went to the new plan, but now it is gone. New to public mobile, so not sure how to get this fixed. Appreciate any guidance you can offer. 

@Fluenta  Are you sure about your activation date? Here's the following promo...did you activate on this one?

From December 4 to 8, customers that activate on a $35/mo plan or higher will receive a bonus 1 GB of data every month. Simply activate between December 4, 2019 6:00AM ET to December 8, 2019 11:59PM ET, on a $35+/mo plan to receive this offer. This offer is available to new customers only. 

How to Get this Offer:

• Purchase a SIM card: Click here to order online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a participating retailer.
  • To redeem, activate online or in-store by December 8th on any rate plan $35/mo or higher. 
  • Eligible customers will receive 1 GB of bonus data within 10 business days of activation
  • Starting in the second month, 1 GB of data will be added to your monthly plan and will be received upon renewal
  • 1GB bonus will remain on the account as long as customers remains on an eligible rate plan of $35/mo or higher and the account remains in good standing
  • The 1GB of bonus data will stay on your account so long as your plan remains above $35/month

@Fluenta  There was the holiday 1gb data add on....that is not showing in your account. The 1gb promo data seems to still be in your account. Did you use up the holiday I 1gb data add on and lucked out by keeping your 1gb promo data even though you changed plans? Does it reset every renewal?

Edit: Apologies I thought you had posted your plan and add on section of your overview page. What remains in that section?

Fluenta

I think there were two separate 1gb bonuses. I activated in Dec 19 with a 1 gb bonus that was supposed to remain as long as my plan was at least 35/mo, but if disappeared when I changed to a more expensive plan. 

Bluntside

I said this but yeah the same happens to me 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fluenta 

When exactly did you activate? All sorts of things went on from Black Friday on.

You kept the 2gb subject line but you ask about 1gb.

Fluenta

I just changed my husband’s plan from $35/mo for 1.5 gb to $50/mo for 8gb. I did it to take effect immediately, as he was low on data, and now we have lost his promotional 1gb of data that we got at Christmas time. I understood that as long as we kept at least a minimum plan ($35) we would keep the data. Looks like I made a mistake. 

@mynewhome wrote:

my new plan just kicked in and I didn't lose my 2gb bonus!

public.JPG

@mynewhome  Thats great news but i would be careful if you have moderators look into your account in the future....just in case. That's a great deal you're getting now I wouldn't change your plan again anytime soon. These are the conditions for those who activated Dec 4th to 8th 2019.

• To redeem, activate online or in-store by December 8th on any rate plan $35/mo or higher. 
  • Eligible customers will receive 1 GB of bonus data within 10 business days of activation
  • Starting in the second month, 1 GB of data will be added to your monthly plan and will be received upon renewal
  • 1GB bonus will remain on the account as long as customers remains on an eligible rate plan of $35/mo or higher and the account remains in good standing
  • The 1GB of bonus data will stay on your account so long as your plan remains above $35/month

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mynewhome wrote:

We never did learn when exactly you activated the account.

Just to be picky...you don't have a 2gb bonus. You have 2 1gb bonuses.

And I said "may". 🙂

Like I say...strange things happen around here.

👍Congratulations. Shows that we may actually know something  here.🤔 @mynewhome .

@mynewhome wrote:

public.JPG

mynewhome

public.JPG

@Bluntside  That's unfortunate. It really depends on which promo you activated on and when.

Bluntside

Yes I lost mine when I up graded

mynewhome

oh, I didn't realize that was a monthly 1gb bonus, thought it was a one time bonus like the xmas bonus.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Amygrahamloves wrote:

Hey there,

I am hoping you can help me. I just paid for my plan and for some reason I got charged twice. $23.10 and $26.25. I'm not sure what happened. Can you let me know how I get reimbursed for one of the plans I paid for? I don't know why I got charged twice or what happened. 

Did you perchance do a lost/stolen process in the last term?

Is the second charge showing as pending on the payment card?

Do you see either $22 or $25 in your Available Funds (or at least)?

From my understanding, if you click on the change plan when it comes from renewal, you won't be charged anything extra.

But, if you tell the system to change a plan immediately, anything you've paid for the original plan will be lost and you will pay the new plan. 

It sounds to me this is what you had done. 

You could try to request a refund by submitting a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right but it is not guaranteed.  You could just keep the overpayment and use it towards your next payment.

Amygrahamloves
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey there,

I am hoping you can help me. I just paid for my plan and for some reason I got charged twice. $23.10 and $26.25. I'm not sure what happened. Can you let me know how I get reimbursed for one of the plans I paid for? I don't know why I got charged twice or what happened. 

@mynewhome 

Ok this makes sense...the 1gb promo data is plan data vs add on data. Currently with your plan you have 5gb plan data and 1gb promo data= 6gb data per month. You probably havent used up all your regular data to see the promo data used and reset each month.

I think that promotion was a bit of market test to see how many customers would respond to paying $35 for 2.5gb of plan data which is why they would let you keep it if you happened to upgrade to the  $40 or $50 plans but not if you dropped below the $35 price point. I wouldn't be surprised to see a shake up of the plans between the $25 and $40 price range with introduction of a new plan at $30 and the $35 with a plan data increase to a permanent 2.5gb or possibly 3gb.

This puts you in a better position than most with the $40 plan....like myself. I don't come close to using even half of my data each month but I wouldnt downgrade to 1.5gb to save $5 but I might consider it with 2.5gb. It still makes the $40 a good deal because it's double of the data of what your plan would be if you change it to the $35. That's a nice option to have to save a little more money each month without having to be stingy with your data.

@mynewhome Yes it is.

@mynewhome wrote:

ok, so the final correct answer is I will keep the xmas 1 gb bonus and us long distance but lose the other 1gb promo if I switch to a plan less than $35?

mynewhome

ok, so the final correct answer is I will keep the xmas 1 gb bonus and us long distance but lose the other 1gb promo if I switch to a plan less than $35?

@darlicious  You are right . I should have stated in my answer unless otherwise stated in the promo ? I didn't  and I apologise to you and @mynewhome for the half wrong answer given. I'm sorry. @mynewhome You can take away my answer as the solution by clicking on the ... dots at the side of my post. I will definitely try to do better in the future.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mynewhome wrote:

it is listed as 1gb promo, see screenshot:

That's what the summer gift shows as as well. I would have half expected to see that promo 1gb under the promos area like the 5gb Black Friday one did.

mynewhome

it is listed as 1gb promo, see screenshot:

screenshot.jpg

@mynewhome  I thought it might be a good idea to tag you after Lucian from @CS_Agent  chose to tag me to clarify that the 1gb bonus data from the promo in early December is tied to your plan and you must remain at a plan priced at $35 or more.

Previously my only comment was to praise and encourage @Joelkim for improving his answers and who correctly answered half of your question. Which led to Lucian clarifying the promo data and @Anonymous  and @computergeek541  to wonder about which 1gb bonus data you are referring to as it was assumed  that since the holiday"gift"1gb data is an add on you were also referring to the thank you "gift" bonus data add on awarded to all customers with a current account as of August 19th 2019.

@mynewhome  We would appreciate if you could tell us exactly the 1gb bonus data ( non holiday) you refer to so both you and @gblackma  who was awarded the solution are both clear on whether is bonus data or a data add on as this will make a difference in your decision to change plans.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@mynewhome If you have the 1GB recurring bonus offered from December 4-8, don't change to a plan less than $35 unless you understand that you will in MAY lose that bonus.

Made a little edit for ya...strange things can happen. 🙂

No I don't have experience with this promo if that's the one the OP has.

@mynewhome wrote:

so this contradicts what others are saying

I can only speculate at which 1GB add-ons or bonues that @mynewhome is asking about.  If one of those 1GB amounts is also an add-on from back in late August/early September that was given to existing customer at that time, neither of the add-ons in question will be lost as the result of any plan change. These two add-ons were unconditional once you received them other than you had to have an active plan (any plan) to be able to use them.

Either way, the 1GB holiday giveaway is there to stay.

if the other 1GB being asked about is about from a recent promotion that ran from December 4th to 8th for a recurring 1GB bonus each renewal, we can't really answer the question as to whether that will stay without more information (ie. which plan is being changed to).

The December 4th to 8th recurring 1GB promotion had a condition that the customer needed to remain on a $35 or higher plan to keep gettting that bonus each renewal. Customers can keep that bonus if changing plans, but only if to another plan that is still at least $35 per 30 days.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Flash-SALE-Activate-on-a-35-mo-plan-amp...

@mynewhome If you have the 1GB recurring bonus offered from December 4-8, don't change to a plan less than $35 unless you understand that you will in lose that bonus.

mynewhome

so this contradicts what others are saying

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello@darlicious

I going to present you the terms and conditions of the promotion:

Customers will get to keep the 1GB bonus data if they change plan to any plan of $35 + or if they fall in suspend and resume their service.
Customers will lose the 1 GB bonus data if they cancel their plan or deactivate via suspend. 

Regards

Lucian

Need Help? Let's chat.