cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plan will still give me a discount?

gryhsball
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, there may be an obvious answer to this but thought I'd ask just in case...

I activated my plan yesterday, for $25. I've already used so much of my data that I've realised it makes no sense to have such a low plan. I'm considering autodating my plan to change to the $40 next month. 

Does this mean I will lose the one month for $0 promotion that I got through activating my account this weekend? Is there a better way to do this or will I just have to suck it up? 

Cheers!

6 REPLIES 6

@gryhsball wrote:

So could I just upgrade the plan tomorrow, rather than the future renewal date, and still get the $25 off next month? I was going

to future date it but there’s no

way I can make it til then for the amount of data I need, so I was thinking I might as well get it now

Yes you can change to a different plan immediately by yourself in self-serve.

Edit: Yes, as already said, you should still receive the $25 value of the plan you signed up for since you already met the terms of the promotion at sign up.

gryhsball
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So could I just upgrade the plan tomorrow, rather than the future renewal date, and still get the $25 off next month? I was going

to future date it but there’s no

way I can make it til then for the amount of data I need, so I was thinking I might as well get it now. 

@popping wrote:

@gryhsball 

Wait up to 7 days after getting your next cycle plan credit before scheduling your plan change on your next renewal date.  Any money in your account is yours to keep.

No need to do that.  To the system, a future dated plan change is not a hard commitment.  A customer can removed that the night before renewal and nothing will happen.  The rewards are already locked in by the initial activation.  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gryhsball 

Wait up to 7 days after getting your next cycle plan credit before scheduling your plan change on your next renewal date.  Any money in your account is yours to keep.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@Dunkman is correct. If you change your plan now you'll lose all remaining features. So either select to change on next renewal or hold off as long as you can to increase your plan. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@gryhsball 

No, you won't lose the credit.  But, you only receive $25 credit for your next month payment.  

Need Help? Let's chat.