cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing phone number

seana16
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to change my phone number. 
But there is no area where I moved it recently. How can I change my number to my new town area number? 

6 REPLIES 6

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can do a search for your new local area code, Google "cnac npa <your 3 digit area code here>".

You should get a page like this one: CNAC example link. This will show you which carriers provide numbers for your new town. If Telus is not found on that list at all, then you will not be able to get number with that area code on Public Mobile (not even by porting in). In which case, settling for a number with a nearby area code, as others have suggested, will be the easiest solution.

Reference thread with more info if you want to read up on this:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-unavailable/td-p/550039

Anonymous
Not applicable

@seana16 

How Changing Your Number 

You can change your phone number up to 4 times every 30 days after you’ve activated. To change go to your Self Serve Account Here link, and:

• Select the “Plans and Add ons” tab
  • Click on “Change Phone Number”
  • Then, you can choose to select a new phone number
  • and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

@seana16 

Public Mobile probably doesn't have any phone numbers available for that town if the area code isn't available from the drop down menu of the area codes.

So choosing the area code from the nearby town or city is your best option.

seana16
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there other way I can find my local area number in Public mobile? 

Is the best way to choose near town or city? 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can change your phone number up to 4 times every 30 days after you’ve activated. To change or transfer your number after activation, go to your Self Serve Account here and:

• Select the “Plans and Add ons” tab
  • Click on “Change Phone Number”
  • Then, you can choose to select a new phone number or to transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider.

You would need to select the nearest town or city location if there are no local phone numbers in your local area.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@seana16 

If that's the case, you can always choose an area code of a nearby town or city that you moved to.

You can change your phone number from inside your selfservice account after you login.  It's free to change your phone number up to 4 times per month.

Need Help? Let's chat.