cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing phone number still free?

planeshift
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I see answers saying once every 30 days and hard codes, and one post from 2015 saying free..

7 REPLIES 7

krzcnck
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@slash407 wrote:

just member that those 416 numbers are hard to come by and if u got one, keep it. Apparently bussiness are trying to buy them and might call u with a offer.

416 area codes?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dunkgirl  when you find such info you could just add a note to the end of the thread saying the correct info if you want. 

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@Dunkgirl  this is the official word:

Note that you can change your phone number once every 30 days after you’ve activated.

under choose phone number section https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/251824

@mimmoYou are right. "Note that you can change your phone number once every 30 days after you’ve activated."

Because this is a "support" forum it would be nice to have a "no longer relevant" button to hit on posts like martins when the informaiton is old and no longer applies.

mimmo

@Dunkgirl  this is the official word:

Note that you can change your phone number once every 30 days after you’ve activated.

under choose phone number section https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/251824

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@planeshift wrote:

I see answers saying once every 30 days and hard codes, and one post from 2015 saying free..

As per our legend @Martin Apparently its once per billing cycle. Or at least was when he posted this. Has it been changed to 30 days?

If its once per billing cycle and you are on a 90 plan is it once per 90 day cycle?

@Martin wrote:

I think it should be added that changing phone numbers is free, and that it can be done only once per billing cycle.

@mimmo wrote:

You can change your number every 30 days. There is no charge for this.

@mimmo Does the 30 day clock start ticking the moment you change it or is it the same schedule as community rewards?

angeliquem
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@planeshift wrote:

You can change it once every 30 days for free on the self-serve Public Mobile website.

mimmo

You can change your number every 30 days. There is no charge for this.

Need Help? Let's chat.