cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing my subscription and keeping loyalty reward

Jasonyu08
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I am thinking of changing my subscription from a 90 day $120 plan with 4gb per month to the promo 50 gb Canada-US 50 gb $34 per month . My questions:

- would I be able to still use the 240gb loyalty promo I was given?

- would the plan ever change price on me? I’ve been paying the same price for years.

- is there a 90 day subscription discount for this plan?

- with the Canada-US plan , does it work for roaming in the US without having to purchase and add-on?

5 REPLIES 5

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Jasonyu08 wrote:

Hi, I am thinking of changing my subscription from a 90 day $120 plan with 4gb per month to the promo 50 gb Canada-US 50 gb $34 per month . My questions:

- would I be able to still use the 240gb loyalty promo I was given?

Technically, it is a downgrade in plan.  Since you are paying $40/month right now and downgrading to $34/month.  According to FAQ, you would lose the loyalty promo add on if you downgrade.  However, some customers have downgraded to a plan (greater than $29/month) and still kept the loyalty add on.

- would the plan ever change price on me? I’ve been paying the same price for years.

No price guarantees and Public mobile has the right to increase price any time.  However, Public mobile has rarely increase plan prices.

Not for this promo plan.

- with the Canada-US plan , does it work for roaming in the US without having to purchase and add-on?

Correct.  No need to purchase separate add on.

@Jasonyu08 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

would I be able to still use the 240gb loyalty promo I was given?

Nope. Say goodbye to that.

I've been here for 5 years and I've never once seen someone's plan change.

Nope.

Yes. Works like you were here in Canada.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jasonyu08 

1.  no one know for sure, but according to some sources, plans over $29/month will get the 240GB bonus, so, with a $34 plan, you should be ok to keep that

2. while plan price can change, PM rarely raised plan price.  It will usually grandfather the plan with the same price.   In recent years, PM only raise the price for 1 plan only, it was the $10 plan change to $13, but that was after like 3 years when the plan was first introduced 

3.  there is no 90 days option for this plan

Neil11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You only lose bonus data if u downgrade plan which u are not. The plan might change but not for a while and mostly like grandfathered. No more adds on when you go to the US. Calling texting and data US-Can and vice versa are included in the plan. Best can/us plan other right now

Need Help? Let's chat.