cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from a very old plan to a new plan.

mary_1950
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an old plan which is $13 a month. I have rewards of $7 a month. So I pay $6 a month for this plan. I only use this phone to mainly communicate with my husband if lost in the grocery store LOL. Public mobile has a $15 plan that gives unlimited talking minutes for $15. If I went to the $15 plan would I still have the $7 rewards and pay $8 dollars a month? I also suspect I would not be able to go back to the $13 plan again. 

5 REPLIES 5

@mary_1950 wrote:

Thank you for the reply! I guess I might as well upgrade to the $15 per month plan now.

Current $15 is actually quite good! Unlimited calls/texting in and out covering the whole Canada.
No data though (not even one byte) but in your case it does not matter the way you use your phone.

Do not forget to Schedule plan change on next renewal and do not do plan change Now.

SuperCopperLant

I hear you. I was on the a $25 dollar plan and was only paying $21 a month for it after rewards. I've been forced to change to this points plan and it's not going to save me the same amount. 

mary_1950

Thank you for the reply! I guess I might as well upgrade to the $15 per month plan now.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mary_1950 

PM is actually changing everyone from the legacy rewards system to the new Public Points in this month. So, you will not get the same rewards even you don't change plan yourself

With this new rewards, you won't get the same $7 saving.  Instead, you will have to first pay the full amount first ($15), and then earn 5% back in points  (0.75 points).  And on anniversary date, you will earn another 10 bonus points 

Any time you got 15 points or more, you will need to login My Rewards page and redeem 15 points for $15 bill credit.  

With the plan change, you new plan has unlimited calling minutes but no more data.  Again, with or without plan change, you will loss the $7 rewards saing starting this month and you will start earning the new Public Points instead (it works out to be a $1.58 /month saving)

Need Help? Let's chat.