cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing carrier

sarimaamir
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi!

Today I have changed my carrier from Public Mobile to Telus. But the issue is, Public mobile charged me for my March plan yesterday, and since I changed my carrier and I'm not going to be able to use public mobiles plan in March, instead ill be using Telus's, I would like to kindly get a refund for my plan that was charged on Feb 25th, 2022. 

Thank you in advance

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sarimaamir : While you may find some luck asking...you are coming from an assumption that this place does pro-rating. I'm not sure any prepaid provider pro-rates. The system did exactly as you asked. The previous term came to its end, you had autopay toggled on, the renewal did as it was told to. Then you decided to leave the next day.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I am sorry you got charged for service you abandoned but common practice mentioned many, many times when leaving PM is to do:

- remove autopay

- remove credit card info

- proceed with porting out

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@sarimaamir 

It is doubtful that you will get a refund but it never hurts to ask.

@JK8 

In this case the OP does not need an active account since they ported to telus. Porting to either koodo or telus or vice versa does not require an active account but contacting customer support to approve the port is necessary since the PAT (porting authorization text) cannot be recieved without an active account.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@sarimaamir 

You must ported out after 12:00 midnight eastern time. Should checked your Self Serve account on the end of your monthly plan.

PM is a prepaid cell carrier so you will be out of luck.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sarimaamir 

I hope you were only on the $15 plan.

I'd say you're crap outta luck. 

Timing is everything when moving from a prepaid carrier... lesson learned. 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@sarimaamir 

To port your number out your PM account must be active. If you ported out today and your renewal was yesterday you would have had to pay to port your number out. As @hTideGnow mentioned you should have ported out earlier.

PM is all prepaid. There are usually no refunds.

76B74527-5746-4221-9EC8-BB7EA665A74D.jpeg

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @sarimaamir I doubt you can do much.  PM is prepaid service and they usually do not provide refund.  You should have ported out earlier. 

Try to message PM support and tell them you moved to Telus and see if they can help. Maybe PM and Telus is one big family and they will consider 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.