cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Number - 672 doesn't work

ryanangus93
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

I am having significant issues with my number in BC starting with 672. Typically, all numbers in BC start with 604. So many automation services, banks, food delivery, and many more do not recognise or have in their system 672. So it's really hard to use my phone properly and this is so annoying.

Can I request for my number to get changed to a new number starting with 604?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ryanangus93 

Area code 672 is so new (effective 2019) that bank 2FA system may not be updated to include 672 yet.

1.  You can change your phone number with area code 250, 778 or 236.

2.  You can call your bank to update their server to use 672 area code.

The following info is from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_Columbia_area_codes

This is a list of area codes in the province of British Columbia:

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@ryanangus93 If you are in Vancouver, it will be very difficult to find 604/778 numbers in the list. Try selecting New Westminster and you might get lucky with 778. If not, try selecting cities around your area such as Abbotsford or Chilliwack. If you get a number from outside of local area zone, some people with only local area calling will not be able to reach you. But now a days, most people have Canada wide calling. Having Local area calling is ridiculous imho.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ryanangus93 , the old area code numbers so get recycled.  My suggestion is to check every morning and got will eventually luck out.  Eventually one will become available.  

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@ryanangus93 hi just go into your self serve account you can get a new number  in my profile you can change your number 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ryanangus93 wrote:

Hello

I am having significant issues with my number in BC starting with 672. Typically, all numbers in BC start with 604. So many automation services, banks, food delivery, and many more do not recognise or have in their system 672. So it's really hard to use my phone properly and this is so annoying.

Can I request for my number to get changed to a new number starting with 604?

Thanks

You can select a new phone number using the self-serve section of My Account / My Profile. Change a number once every 30 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.