cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes with Public Mobile

tripleddd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does the changes coming to Public Mobile come with changes to the pricing and service we have expected from Public. Will the pricing stay the same or will Public raise the pricing under the "umbrella" of this new and improved version?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

JennL25
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

While the phone plan pricing is remaining the same as far as I can tell, those who were on the legacy reward system will be paying more on the new points system. I was saving money on my monthly bill because I had loyalty and auto pay deductions, but those perks are being removed with the forced switch to the new points system. The points you earn and then have to remember to redeem will only be a fraction of what those on the legacy system are currently saving. Definitely a disappointing change I am not looking forward to.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

The only change (so far) was total replacement of monetary rewards with points.
No word about price increases. I guess that will take away even more customers so PM has to be very careful regarding prices.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@tripleddd 

plan pricing hasn't changed although PM reserves the right to, if they chose. The old Rewards benefit is going away in favour of new Points, so you will end up paying much more than before. PM service shouldn't be affected by the Rewards / Points debacle.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@tripleddd  Yes it will . For any loyal customer that been with PM for 5 years will end up paying $50 more a year on average . And instead of automatically getting your discount you will need to wait until you have 15 points to redeem $15 off your bill . Just to make you take additional steps to get your lower valued rewards . In the hope you forget about them and just pay full plan price every 30 days . This is the worst news I’ve ever seen from public mobile and it’s going to hurt your wallet 

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@tripleddd - Despite that they say that they have the authority to raise prices, the $10 plan with 50minutes and 50texts got bumped up to $13.

Once PM tried to up our prices in 2018. They got defeated and they decided to surrender from all of the CCTS and media backlashes.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@tripleddd 

We hope everything stays the same but who knows.

With the change with all Legacy Rewards members forced to the Points Rewards is upsetting longtime members.

Need Help? Let's chat.