cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed plan mid month, not giving me my data

CB21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! So after I ran out of data I decided to change my plan mid month. I chose to change now (and accidentally submitted twice. Now my available funds are the double payment, but my data has not renewed/payment was not applied. It is nearly two days. How do I get the plan implemented now?

8 REPLIES 8

CB21

Yes! It hangs around for so long that after a while you think it wasn’t clicked. The site is very very slow and makes it difficult to navigate well. I will remember that for next time!

CB21

thank you, sounds like a much better idea! I was thinking it would give me a new 30 days worth of plan. But if it only finishes the month I should add 1G. Will try to apply it but it seems every time I try to see what is happening with my account/plan details, the site takes forever to load and eventually life calls me to another task!

CB21

Hi! Texts aren’t working but phone is. Can’t find enough time with wifi to troubleshoot!

mannycw

I believe I did the same thing as CB21.  When you want to change the plan right away, not having funds already in your account, they will ask for payment information.  You type in the payment information (1st time) and submit (you think the transaction didn't go through, but it did top up).  Then another pop up window will ask for payment information (2nd time), if you submit again (it will top up your account again).  

The only difference is me following through with the change and got the new plan instantly.  I think CB21 still has money in this account, just the plan didn't go through.  

If CB21 was charged from prepay money, but didn't get the plan change (no data).  Then might need to open up a ticket with moderator.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@CB21 wrote:

Hi! So after I ran out of data I decided to change my plan mid month. I chose to change now (and accidentally submitted twice. Now my available funds are the double payment, but my data has not renewed/payment was not applied. It is nearly two days. How do I get the plan implemented now?

@CB21  Is your phone still working? Can you still make calls/send texts?

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@CB21 

Are you saying the funds in your account show double the price of the new plan? 

How much extra data do you need? It is advised to change on renewal instead of mid plan. If you need extra data just add 1G of data to your account. Go to purchase add on's then click 1G at $15.00. I would calculate how many days you have left and try to hold out until your renewal. Especially if it is close to your renewal date. 

Screenshot_20200604_101825_com.android.chrome.jpg

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CB21 Try buying the new plan again, with change immediately of course. Maybe second time lucky. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@CB21 it sounds like you added the required funds twice but didn't change the plan. Here's an article on changing plans.  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Here's gow to do it. Choose the change immediately option. 

20200416_143943.jpg

Its better to leave the additionnal funds in your account to pay for next plan renewal. 30 days from your immediate plan switch.  Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.