cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed plan but System Not Responding

jimmyt197
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Opened an account with PM about 2 weeks ago, after some kinks in the start the service was started.  Then my next step was to port my old number from another provider, enrol in Auto-pay and then Change my Plan from the $ 10 to the $ 25.

The system accepted the auto-pay and charged me the extra $5 ($ 20 credit balance) to cover the new plan but I checked the last couple of days but it still shows my plan as $ 10 with 50 mins of calls and 50 text msgs but no data.

Should I click "Change Plans" again?  I'm afraid that it would make things worse.

If I didn't and I ran out of mins and text msgs, how much more would then charge me?

Temporarily turned off Mobile Data just in case.

Thanks for your help!

10 REPLIES 10

jimmyt197

Good News Everyone!

The Moderator_Team has seen our posts and did what I wanted to do all along.

Took my money, change the plan to what I wanted.

Thanks all for your help.

Jimmy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GinYVR wrote:

Also you need to add @ to tag the Moderator_Team but I understand they don't monitor people tagging them anymore.

The OP did tag them in the tags area but that doesn't work at all let alone tagging in the body.

Fyi

jimmyt197

The payment history page just shows that, they took the extra $5 from my credit card but no deductions hence no payments were made.  I did click on change plans Now so I do not know what happened after that but all indications were it was successful.

Anyway, as per evertybody's suggestions, I will do the "Change plans again and Click on Immediate" but I will wait for another day to save me another day since I am not going out today and do not need Mobile data.

Thanks All and see you again soon!

@jimmyt197Another way to let us see what's going on is what's in your transaction / payment history page? If you can provide a screenshot it would be helpful. If you did a plan change successfully there should be charges.

Also you need to add @ to tag the Moderator_Team but I understand they don't monitor people tagging them anymore.

@jimmyt197 wrote:

Thanks RossN,

I actually clicked on "Change Plans" and start NOW.

If I clicked on it again, it might Screw Up the System even more.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

@jimmyt197 Start now only informs the system that you want sim immediate plan change you still have to submit the plan change to take effect. As @Luddite  suggested abovr do it again and reboot your phone after the change.

jimmyt197

Thanks to all who replied. 

I will give it one more day as I messaged the Moderators last night but posted to the community just today.  My apologies to the Moderator_Team.

If nothing happens tomorrow, then I will try to Change plans again and see if the system actually withdraws the money which it actually informed me was what it was going to do when I entered my  credit card info.

Again everyone thanks and have a wonderful weekend.

@jimmyt197 

It looks like that you loaded up enough funds to change plans, but it did not change plans yet.  If you want to switch to new plan immediately, then just choose change plans again, with immediate change.  It should take the $25 available funds and switch to new plan.

jimmyt197

Thanks RossN,

I actually clicked on "Change Plans" and start NOW.

If I clicked on it again, it might Screw Up the System even more.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@jimmyt197 If your account is showing $25 Available Funds try the immediate plan change once more. Reboot your phone after it completes.

If some funds were taken the last time, suggest you click this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue. Usually they answer within in 24 hours, but can take a few days.

Do not send multiple messages. This increases the queue and adds to the time moderators take to locate all your messages.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@jimmyt197 hi sounds like you put money in your account but didnt change plans if you do now you will lose credit for whatever is left of your 10 dollar plan you can purchase a 500 minute addon for 5 bucks or change plan now if you like, p.s. there are no overage charges your service just stops if you run out

Need Help? Let's chat.