cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed plan, add on minutes not working.

uncivlengr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just changed my account from 3 GB to 6 gb. The addon minutes I have on my account no longer work - I get an automated message now when I try to call that I should add minutes to my account.

11 REPLIES 11

In order to use LD addons, you require a base voice package on your plan.

You'll either need to change your plan on your next renewal, change your plan now and forfiet all unused service for this cycle, or option 3, reach out to the moderators to see if they can assist you in getting voice activated on your plan.

uncivlengr

It was a custom plan, I didn't select any talk option in the basic plan, and have added minutes to my account as addons as required.

I'll reach out to the mod team to see if there's a solution.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@uncivlengr what exactly was your previous plan?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@uncivlengr, if you reach out to the moderator team and explain your situation, they might be able to do something for you, so that you do not have to pay again from scratch.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

mimmo

@uncivlengr message the mods with want you want. Since it was only a day they will likely make the change for you no problems.

uncivlengr

I certainly did have that option on my last plan; I would regularly have to add minutes as an add on when I ran out.

Regardless, adding calling to my plan reduces thet total cost for some reason, but if I try to add calling to my plan, my options are to pay the full 90 day price and start my billing period again, after I just rest it to add more data, or to wait 89 days until the next billing period

Surely there is a way to modify my plan without paying $130 for one day of service.

srlawren

@uncivlengr wrote:

No I've never had talk included in the plan, just as an add-on.

I just restarted my phone and I get the same message.

@uncivlengr unfortunately, the add-on minutes cannot be used without a talk component to your plan.  They are for long distance use only*, and not a substitute for the talk feature.

* small exception: the $10 plan can use them for non-long-distance airtime after their base 50 minutes is used.  

This is 100% the reason you're getting that message trying to make calls.  I don't know how you were ever able to previously if you didn't have talk in your plan.  It's not supposed to be possible at all.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

As suggested, it is a good idea to reboot the phone after a major account change such as changing a plan.  If the plan does have talk and the issue persists, it may be an account provisioning thing in which case the moderator team would be required to check out the account if the symptoms persist.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following knowledge base link for information on contacting the moderator team.

Edit:  I don't think a talk add-on works when the base plan doesn't have the talk feature.  It is an add-on to features already contained in the base plan. 

uncivlengr

No I've never had talk included in the plan, just as an add-on.

I just restarted my phone and I get the same message.

mimmo

Sorry silly question but when changing plans did you select talk and text features?

What does  your plan overview page say?

Have you tried power cycling your phone?

uncivlengr

Just to add, I did try adding minutes and I get the same message.

Need Help? Let's chat.