cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed credit card used for payment. Now service stops after a day or less.

robr1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re-entered my payment information multiple times. Now I've preloaded an amount. Service drops off within 24hrs of loggin in and re-entering payment. Phone and SIM are set-up correctly. It says Public Mobile (temporarily unavailable). Getting really tired of this. Currently unable to connect despite my payments going through.

19 REPLIES 19

@robr1 

well...you asked !! Anyhow...until you can try the wife's phone...try removing the sim from you phone and then re-installing, see if that might help.   BTW...If you have esim, none of these options will work.

robr1

She is not at this time. I will pursue that option in the evening. I can't fathom how my phone which functions as it should otherwise could potentially be causing intermittent network service disruption regularly but I guess anything is possible. That fact that it has coincided with my payment change is still suspect for me.

I have sent out a ticket and am waiting for PMs response.

Thank you for looking into my matters. You really shouldn't have, despite being a mayor of PMtowne. It's Sunday after all

@robr1 wrote:

Niagara region. My wife is on telus and experiencing no issues

Good info...that might point to a cellphone issue. If your bride is closeby you...perhaps try your sim in her phone to see if that issue still happens.

robr1

Niagara region. My wife is on telus and experiencing no issues

@robr1 

which area are you in ? I see that Telus is reporting a few local outages / interruptions in their area.

robr1

not sorted. Still unable to connect. Thanks anyway. Maybe someone else knows why its failing constantly

HI @robr1 

glad it is sorted.  PM is prepaid and autopay fails sometimes.  

robr1

I do now. I think a front loaded their suggested amount ($27) about 15 mins ago. I've never had to do that. I hadn't logged in for years before that. Auto pay just took care of things

My issue is if it starts working again now out of the blue, I am expecting to wake up tomorrow and it to no longer connect again. Anyway, after rebooting and turning of and on it still won't connect to the network

@robr1 

when you log in to your account...do you see extra $$ in Available Funds ?

robr1

My phone is legit. Nothing about adding a new phone has been mentioned in my write up. Thank you for looking into this ordeal. Not sure why the community is responsible for fixing PM's business. Very strange imo

robr1

No other phone to try. Why is this a solution. Nothing has changed except my payment info

robr1

no charge backs or any contact with my CC at this time

robr1

no, it works like it should for the rest of the night and then the next morning it no longer connects to PM. I've had to re-input my new card 3 times despite me getting the screen that my payment info has been accepted.

I have rebooted several time. Data or cellular not working? No I don't have another phone to try. No i haven't used it another area?!

@robr1 wrote:

are you a bot?

No bats here...just regular customers trying to help out. Can you try that PM sim in a dfferent phone to see if it still acts that way.

HI @robr1 

if you compliment me saying I sounded perfect.  Thanks very much

But sorry, I am a human, just a PM customer like you who knows the PM system a bit and try to help.  thanks

robr1

are you a bot?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @robr1 

did you login My Account using Incognito/Privae/Secret mode on your browser to confirm if the account still shows active?

and you didn't make any reversal of any PM charges with your credit card?

you tried reboot the phone?  even data not working?  did you try your sim with another phone? and try using it in another area?

robr1

No. I've been using Pubblic with my Pixel 5 for 3+ years. All that changed was my payment card. now service is spotty af

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@robr1 

do you know anything about the cellphone you're using ? Could it possibly be stolen pr blacklisted ?

added link......https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Need Help? Let's chat.